Every OFW is required to have an Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC). Before receiving your OEC, there are additional aspects to consider and requirements to complete. OEC holders are entitled to lower travel taxes for their spouses and dependents as well as exemptions from terminal fees. Because of this, OFWs in Kazakhstan are encouraged to acquire an OEC before leaving on a vacation to the Philippines and returning to their place of employment to complete or extend their working contract.
Although the Philippines does not have a POLO office, embassy or consulate in Kazakhstan, OFWs there can contact the Philippine Embassy in Russia by phone or email WHEN will the outreach mission will happen. Continue reading to find out more about OEC processing in Kazakhstan.
- What Should I do Before Applying for an OEC in Kazakhstan?
- How to Schedule OEC Online Appointment in Kazakhstan
- How to Get an OEC in Kazakhstan
- Important Reminders
- Video: UPDATED REQUIREMENTS ON GETTING OEC IN POEA AS OF NOVEMBER 2022 | POEA REQUIREMENTS.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. Who can get OEC exemption?
- 2. Are OFWs allowed to travel without an OEC?
- 3. How long is an OEC or OEC Exemption Number valid?
- 4. Is my OEC valid for many uses?
- 5. Why does the system want my most recent OEC number? What does it mean?
- 6. What happens if I forget my OEC number?
- 7. What should I do if I lose my OEC?
- 8. Where can I settle my OEC fee?
- 9. Is there a POLO office in Kazakhstan?
- 10. What is Philippine Embassy in Russia hotline number?
- 11. What is Philippine Embassy in Russia address?
- 12. What is Philippine Embassy in Russia office hours?
The following individuals are qualified to process the OEC.
- Directly employed Filipino workers by an international employer
- Individuals who are employed by a recruitment agency
- OFWs employed by POEA’s Government Placement Branch (GPB)
Each document should be submitted in two (2) copies: an original and a duplicate or photocopy.
Basic Document Requirements
- Printed Online Appointment (POPS-BAM)
- Printed Balik-Manggagawa Information Sheet
- Sworn Statement (For OFWs who have never had a POEA record or who are applying for OEC for the first time)
- Passport (valid for at least six months) from departure date
- Verified Employment Contract
- Certificate of Employment, Company ID, latest pay slip, or other documents as proof of employment
- Valid Work Visa, Work Permit, or any equivalent document
- Confirmed Airline Ticket
- OEC fees
- OWWA membership payment receipt
Note: There is currently NO POLO office in Kazakhstan, but you can process your OEC from the consular mission operated by the Philippine Embassy in Russia.
On the other hand, you can process your OEC at the nearest POEA office before leaving the Philippines, just make sure you have all the necessary documents.
What Should I do Before Applying for an OEC in Kazakhstan?
You must prepare yourself before going to POLO/POEA Office; otherwise, you will only waste your time. Here’s what you should consider:
- Philippine labor laws and regulations prohibit foreign employers from directly recruiting Filipino workers, so you should determine if you qualify for an exemption from the restriction on direct employment.
The employer must hire you through a POEA-accredited recruitment agency. However, some firms are exempt from the restriction on the direct hiring of OFWs. These include:
- Employers of Professional and Skilled Workers with Verified or Authenticated Employment Contracts that Comply with POEA Standards
- Foreign Diplomats
- Heads of State and High-ranking Government Officials
- International Organizations
- Lower-ranking officials from the first three items who are approved by the POLO
- Residents of the host nation who are permanent residents and who hire their family members, excluding domestic workers
- Prepare all the required documents. As soon as you have confirmed that your employer is exempt from the direct hiring restriction, get everything ready right away.
How to Schedule OEC Online Appointment in Kazakhstan
Follow these instructions to quickly make an appointment. Keep in mind that having an online appointment simplifies things because government workers can immediately verify your information.
Step 1: Visit the POEA Online Service Website here – https://onlineservices.dmw.gov.ph//onlineservices/poeaonline.aspx
Step 2: Click the “Let’s go” button on e-Registration
Step 4: Fill in the required information and then click register (a message will display indicating that your registration was “Successful”)
Step 5: Log in to the email address you provided when you registered (there is a message containing your “temporary password”)
Step 6: Return to the link provided in Step 1 and log in using the registered email address, then click “next.”
Step 7: Use the temporary password sent to your email, then click “log in.”
Step 8: Set your preferred password.
Step 9: Update your profile by clicking “My Profile,” after completing your profile, click “Update Profile” on the upper right side of the page
Step 10: Input your identification data (passport) and beneficiary on your profile
Step 11: Click the “Balik-Manggagawa” on your dashboard then click the “Next” button
Step 12: Enter your return flight date then click the “Next” button
Step 13: You will be asked whether you are returning to the same employer, job site, and position if you are a returning BM.
If so, you can print your OEC exemption immediately.
If not, go to step 9 instead (change employer or new BM)
Step 14: Input all your contract details then click the “Submit” button
Step 15: Select the nearest POLO/POEA office as the processing site then click the “Next” button
Step 16: Choose and select your preferred appointment date
Step 17: Take a screenshot and print your scheduled appointment date
How to Get an OEC in Kazakhstan
Step 1: Gather all of the necessary requirements.
Step 2: Go to the POLO/POEA office on your scheduled appointment day. Show your approved appointment letter, valid ID, and full-dose vaccination card/certificate to the assigned security personnel.
Step 3: The assigned security personnel will check your name on the list of approved appointments for the day. To avoid long lines, bring the complete set of requirements.
Step 4: Get a token number from the assigned personnel.
Step 5: Go to the processing window and submit your documents.
Step 6: Pay for OEC fees.
Step 7: Wait for the OEC processor’s advice before printing your OEC in POPS-BAM System
Make sure that all the information and details in your OEC are correct and in line with your credentials.
Step 8: Sign in to your POPS-BAM account and select “Print OEC” from the “My Transaction Tab” menu.
- Avoid using non-English characters, such as Chinese, Korean, Japanese, or Arabic, when filling out online forms. This will delay the processing of your OEC. Therefore, make sure you enter only English characters.
- You are only permitted to acquire an OEC once every time you visit the Philippines. Getting more than one OEC simultaneously is not allowed.
- Just remember to bring three copies of your OEC to the airport on the day of your departure.
- Please keep in mind that the OEC can only be used for sixty (60) days beginning on the day it was issued.
- If a worker leaves the Philippines without an OEC, they might not be able to finish their check-in or they might be stopped by an immigration official before they leave. Prior to departing, you must make sure that you have this document with you at all times.
- Balik-Manggagawa OFWs must also present a copy of the contract they have with their company, along with their plane ticket and any other necessary travel documents.
- Once the OFW has all the proper documents, they can head to the airport and show the OEC to the immigration official there. OFWs that have an OEC can travel without issue and know that they are complying with all legal obligations related to their employment.
- Feel free to call the Philippine Embassy in Russia at +7(499)241-0563 / 241-0564 / 241-0565, Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm (Closed on Russian and the Philippines public holidays).
Video: UPDATED REQUIREMENTS ON GETTING OEC IN POEA AS OF NOVEMBER 2022 | POEA REQUIREMENTS.
OFWs who wants to go back to Philippines for vacation must understand the importance of OEC. A YouTuber and OFW named Alvin Alvz discussed the latest list of requirements for acquiring OEC in POEA offices. The POLO/POEA office requires an appointment, so please keep that in mind.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any further questions regarding “How to Process OEC in Kazakhstan”, see the list of frequently asked questions and answers below.
1. Who can get OEC exemption?
The following requirements must all be met in order for a Balik-Manggagawas to be exempt from acquiring an OEC:
- Has a valid work visa or work permit
- Returning to the same employer and workplace
- Has a record in the POEA database
(Has previously received an OEC at any POEA offices or facilities, including the POEA main office, extension units, regional offices, POLO offices abroad, and BM mall processing centers)
2. Are OFWs allowed to travel without an OEC?
No. All OFWs leaving the Philippines, whether they are returning employees or new workers, must acquire an OEC.
The OEC serves as an exit clearance; therefore, if you try to leave the country without it, Immigration will stop you. Additionally, you are excused from paying the terminal fee and travel tax thanks to this certificate.
3. How long is an OEC or OEC Exemption Number valid?
From the date of issuance, the OEC or OEC Exemption Number is valid for 60 days. You are required by POEA to obtain this as a Balik-Manggagawa before returning to your employer.
4. Is my OEC valid for many uses?
OEC or OEC Exemption Number is only intended for one use. Once you have given it to Immigration, it cannot be used again.
5. Why does the system want my most recent OEC number? What does it mean?
The most recent transaction record you have with POEA is your most recent OEC number. This information is required by the system in order to get your record and most recent employment information.
6. What happens if I forget my OEC number?
You will be redirected by the system to the APPOINTMENT page, where you must manually visit POEA to process your OEC.
7. What should I do if I lose my OEC?
Log in to your POPS-BAM account and reprint your OEC.
8. Where can I settle my OEC fee?
- You can pay your fees in a number of ways, including:
- Globe G-cash
- Over-the-counter thru Banks
- Over-the-counter thru Bayad Centers
- Online Banking
- POLO/POEA office
Instructions on how to complete the payment process will be sent to you through email.
9. Is there a POLO office in Kazakhstan?
Kazakhstan does not have a POLO office because there is no Philippine Embassy or Consulate there.
10. What is Philippine Embassy in Russia hotline number?
You can reach Philippine Embassy in Russia office at +7(499)241-0563 / 241-0564 / 241-0565.
11. What is Philippine Embassy in Russia address?
Philippine Embassy in Russia address is Karmanitsky pereulok, 8 bldg. 1, Moscow, Russia.
12. What is Philippine Embassy in Russia office hours?
Philippine Embassy in Russia is open on Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm (Closed on Russia and the Philippines public holidays).
OEC is a requirement for OFWs who plan to go back overseas. If you’re OFW in Kazakhstan returning to the same company and job site, you can be exempt from the requirement and only need to print an OEC exemption. In either case, all OFWs in Kazakhstan must create an account on the new POEA online system.
Although there is currently NO POLO office in Kazakhstan, your OEC can be processed by the consular mission of the Philippine Embassy in Russia. OFWs can ask for assistance WHEN is the consular mission will be taken. On the other hand, if you want to process your OEC before leaving the Philippines, go to the nearest POEA office. Just make sure you have all of the necessary documentation.