Filipinos who need to process a contract verification in HongKong can go to the PH Embassy where the POLO Hong Kong office is located. Please be guided on the steps below on how you can verify your employment contract properly.
It is important to have your individual contract verified because the Labor Attaché will check and ensure that the employment contracts of Filipino migrant workers comply with the prevailing employment laws, standards, and practices in the Philippines and the host country. It is also part of the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration’s (POEA) documentary requirements for overseas employment.
The verified employment contract must also be given to the POEA BM Centers in the Philippines in order for OECs to be issued, and it may be requested by Philippine Immigration Officers before to departure.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, you must always wear a face mask and use social distance when visiting the POLO Hong Kong office. In this article, you’ll learn about the process and guidelines for obtaining an Employment Contract Verification in Hong Kong.
- How to Process Contract Verification in Hong Kong (for Domestic Workers)
- How to Verify Employment Contract in Hong Kong (for Skilled / Professional workers)
- Procedural Guidance
- Video: Walk-in Contract Renewal Verification in PH Consulate Hong Kong
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. What is Employment Contract Verification?
- 2. Is it possible to get OEC without a verified contract?
- 3. How long does contract verification take?
- 4. Can I skip getting employment contract verification?
- 5. Can I go to the POLO Hong Kong office directly to verify my employment contract?
- 6. What is the POLO Hong Kong office hour?
- 7. What is POLO Hong Kong’s address?
- 8. What is the POLO Hong Kong hotline number?
- 9. What is the email address of POLO Hong Kong?
- 10. How much does it cost to process employment contract verification?
- Contact Information
- Google Map Location
- Filipino workers that have changed jobs onsite and are registered with POEA.
- Filipinos working in Hong Kong without a POEA record.
- Filipino nationals who have been authorized for an employment visa by the Immigration Department.
- Change of employer and/or name of employer for the first time in Hong Kong (for example, from a tourist or from another nation).
- Household service workers (HSWs) (contract verification is every 2-year renewal for Hong Kong citizen sponsor and every year for the foreign national sponsor).
- Others on a fixed-term contract (this needs a contract verified every renewal).
Individual Contract Verification for Domestic Workers
Domestic workers are people who have been granted a work permit or In-Principle Approval (IPA) to perform domestic work.
- Two (2) copies of the Original Standard Employment Contract
- One (1) copy of the employer’s HK ID, with the contact information printed on the same sheet.
- One (1) copy of the Domestic Worker’s HK ID with contact information printed on the same sheet.
- One (1) Original and One (1) photocopy of the domestic worker’s passport
- One (1) Printed copy of the New Employment E-Visa
Individual Contract Verification for Skilled / Professional Workers
Skilled/professional workers are those who have attended a college, university, or technical school.
- Company-issued identification (ID)
- One (1) photocopy of a passport that is valid for at least six (6) months after the anticipated departure date;
- One (1) photocopy of the required visa
- One (1) original copy and Two (2) photocopies of Certificate of Employment
- One (1) original copy and Two (2) photocopies of Employment Contract
- One (1) photocopy of the company profile/registration
- Pay slip
How to Process Contract Verification in Hong Kong (for Domestic Workers)
The contract verification process in Hong Kong is done at the POLO office. Please be guided on the steps below on the procedure for verifying your labour contract for domestic workers
Step 1: Click and access the link to book an appointment – https://www.polo-hongkong.com/a_home.php
- screenshot of individual contract verification appointment in Hong kong
Step 2: Choose your preferred date and time available on the calendar.
Step 3: Complete the required information and book the appointment.
Step 4: On your appointment date, go to POLO Hong Kong. Show to the assigned security personnel a screenshot of the approved appointment, your original valid passport, and your original Emirates ID.
Step 4: The assigned security personnel will check your name to the list of approved appointments for the day. To avoid long lines, bring the complete set of requirements.
Step 5: Get a token number from the assigned personnel.
Step 6: Submit your documents to the Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO) Hong Kong WINDOWS 1, 2 or 3 for evaluation.
Step 7: Pay the HKD 80 verification fee.
Step 8: Wait three (3) working days to pick up your validated job contracts on COUNTERS A and B.
How to Verify Employment Contract in Hong Kong (for Skilled / Professional workers)
Here are the steps to verifying your labour contract for skilled and professional workers:
Step 1: Visit POLO Hong Kong. Show your original valid passport and your original Emirates ID to the assigned security and explain that you are going to process your employment contract verification.
Step 2: The assigned security personnel will give you a token number. To avoid long lines, bring the complete set of requirements.
Step 3: Submit your documents to the Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO) Hong Kong WINDOWS 11for evaluation.
Step 4: Pay the HKD 160 Verification fee on the said date of release.
- Make no more than one reservation. If two or more reservations with different schedules are made, POLO Hong Kong will confirm the earliest available schedule and cancel the others.
- To avoid any delays, bring all required documents in a COMPLETE set.
- Feel free to (+852) 5529 1880 / +852) 2866 0640 / (+852) 2865 Sunday to Thursday, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm (Closed on Hong Kong and the Philippines public holidays) for an urgent appointment on contract verification.
Video: Walk-in Contract Renewal Verification in PH Consulate Hong Kong
Here’s a video uploaded on YouTube that features a Filipina processing her contract verification and renewal a the Philippine Consulate General office in HK:
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any further questions regarding “How to Verify Employment Contract in Hong Kong”, see the list of frequently asked questions and answers below.
1. What is Employment Contract Verification?
Employment Contract Verification verifies that the OFW has a job and an employer, and that the contract conditions match the POEA and host government’s minimum requirements.
2. Is it possible to get OEC without a verified contract?
A verified employment contract is the most important requirement for the issue of an OEC. Only the POLO or the POEA can provide verification services.
3. How long does contract verification take?
You can get your contract verification after three (3) working days.
4. Can I skip getting employment contract verification?
No, you can’t skip getting your employment contract verification because it’s one of the first steps in getting your OEC.
5. Can I go to the POLO Hong Kong office directly to verify my employment contract?
Yes, you can go directly inside the POLO Hong Kong office. However, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, it is important to schedule an appointment.
6. What is the POLO Hong Kong office hour?
The POLO office in Hong Kong is open Sunday to Thursday, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm (Closed on Hong Kong and the Philippines public holidays).
7. What is POLO Hong Kong’s address?
POLO Hong Kong address is 2902 29/F, United Centre, 95 Queensway, Admiralty.
8. What is the POLO Hong Kong hotline number?
You can reach the POLO Hong Kong office at (+852) 5529 1880 / +852) 2866 0640 / (+852) 2865 2445. You may also send a message to the POLO Hong Kong office via messenger. Link to POLO HK Facebook Page here – https://www.facebook.com/POLOHONGKONGSAR/
9. What is the email address of POLO Hong Kong?
The email address of POLO Hong Kong is firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. How much does it cost to process employment contract verification?
- Domestic Workers – HKD 80
- Skilled / Professional Workers – HKD 160
Before an OEC may be given in POLO Hong Kong, the POEA must verify an OFW’s employment contract. The OFW must make an appointment before visiting the POLO Hong Kong office to verify the employment contract.
Everything you need to know about Employment Contract Verification can be found on the POLO Hong Kong website. To receive all of the benefits associated with being an OFW, you must carefully follow the procedures.
As you go through the process, I hope you find this article helpful.
POLO-OWWA Hong Kong
Opening Hours: 10:00 am – 3:00 pm (Mon-Thu), 9:00 am – 3:00 pm (Sun)
Address: 2902 29/F, United Centre, 95 Queensway, Admiralty, Hong Kong
OWWA Hong Kong Hotline Number: (+852) 6345 9324
POLO Hong Kong Hotline Number: (+852) 5529 1880
Email Address: email@example.com
Facebook Account: @POLOHONGKONGSAR
Google Map Location
Below is a map guide to the location of the Philippine Overseas Labor Office in Hong Kong where you can request your OWWA renewal: