One of the main functions of the Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO) is contract verification of OFWs. In Taiwan, the office that handles this is the Manila Economic and Cultural Office (MECO)/ The Labor Attaché will make sure that the contract terms are legal in the host country. The Philippines’ POEA BM Centers will get the validated contract as a requirement for OECs.
Filipinos who are based in Taichung, Taiwan, and need to verify their employment contracts can process this at MECO office – 20F, No. 220 Longbang Building (Building B) Sec. 2, Taiwan Boulevard, West District, Taichung City, Taiwan.
- How to Book OWWA Appointment in Taichung City, Taiwan
- How to Get OEC: POLO Taiwan Online Appointment
When visiting the MECO Taichung, Taiwan office, it is advised to wear a facemask and maintain a social distance. In this article, you’ll learn about the procedures, requirements, and guidelines for acquiring an Employment Contract Verification in Taichung, Taiwan.
- How to Process Employment Contract Verification in MECO Taichung
- Important Reminders
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. What is Employment Contract Verification?
- 2. Is it possible to get OEC without a verified contract?
- 3. Can I skip getting employment contract verification?
- 4. Can I go to the MECO Taichung, Taiwan office directly to verify my employment contract?
- 5. What is the MECO Taichung, Taiwan office hour?
- 6. What is MECO Taichung, Taiwan’s address?
- 7. What is the MECO Taichung, Taiwan’s hotline number?
- 8. What is the email address of MECO Taichung, Taiwan?
- Contact Information
- Google Map Location
- Filipino workers that have changed jobs onsite and are registered with POEA.
- Filipinos working in Taichung, Taiwan without a POEA record.
- Filipino nationals who have been authorized for an employment visa by the Immigration Department.
- Change of employer and/or name of employer for the first time in Taichung, Taiwan (for example, from a tourist or from another nation).
- Others on a fixed-term contract (this needs contract verified every renewal).
Note: OFWs who have already had their contracts verified with their present employer do not need to have their renewal contracts verified again. They can just show their old verified contract and their renewed contract when applying for BM, as long as the Employer remains the same.
Here are the requirements:
- Original Employment Contract (Signed by the worker and the employer)
- Photocopy of worker’s passport that is valid for travel for at least six (6) months
- Photocopy of worker’s valid Work Visa
- Workers recent pay slip
- Contract Verification fee
Note: Requirements are subject to change without prior notice; for questions and clarification, contact the POLO office in Taichung, Taiwan.
How to Process Employment Contract Verification in MECO Taichung
MECO Taichung, Taiwan office requires an appointment before visiting the office. Although there have been instances of other OFWs going directly to the Taichung, Taiwan office, it is strongly advised that you get in touch with them beforehand and find out whether an appointment is necessary.
Check out the procedure below on how to book an appointment and how to process employment contract verification in Taichung, Taiwan.
Step 1: Visit the Manila Economic & Cultural Office’s Facebook page to see the available appointment dates. Link: https://www.facebook.com/MECO.official
Step 2: Call the MECO-Taichung, Taiwan office to check on the availability of your selected appointment date and to make a reservation. MECO-Taichung, Taiwan office: (886) 966537732 / (886) 423228836 ext. 14
Step 3: Gather all of the necessary requirements.
Step 4: Before visiting the POLO Taichung, Taiwan office, double-check if your appointment has been scheduled.
Step 5: Go to POLO Taichung, Taiwan on your scheduled appointment day. Show your approved appointment letter, vaccination card and valid ID to the assigned security personnel.
Step 6: The assigned security personnel will check your name to the list of approved appointments for the day. To avoid long lines, bring the complete set of requirements.
Step 7: Get a token number from the assigned personnel.
Step 8: Go to the processing window and submit your documents.
Step 9: Pay for the employment contract verification fees.
Here are some helpful tips and reminders to keep in mind during the contract verification process:
- Make sure that the employment contract is dated and signed on all pages by both the employee and the employer.
- All documentation should be submitted in two (2) sets or copies.
- Incomplete document submissions, payments, or other deficiencies, such as missing signatures, will not be accepted.
- If the OFW completed the employment contract verification, the OFW must give the original processed document to the employed worker or to the Philippine Recruitment Agency, which will then present it to POEA as part of the procedures for the issue of exit clearance.
- All applicants must bring their own pens.
- All applicants are encouraged to arrive at the MECO Taichung, Taiwan office well-dressed. Shorts, transparent clothing, or slippers are not permitted.
- To avoid delays, OFWs should closely comply with all requirements.
- Feel free to call (886) 966537732 / (886) 423228836 ext. 14, Monday to Friday 8:00am to 4:00pm (Closed on Taiwanese and Philippines public holidays).
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any further questions regarding “How to Verify Employment Contract in Taichung, Taiwan”, see the list of frequently asked questions and answers below.
1. What is Employment Contract Verification?
Employment Contract Verification verifies that the OFW has a job and an employer, and that the contract conditions match the POEA and host government’s minimum requirements.
2. Is it possible to get OEC without a verified contract?
A verified employment contract is the most important requirement for the issue of an OEC. Only the POLO or the POEA can provide verification services.
3. Can I skip getting employment contract verification?
No, you can’t skip getting your employment contract verification because it’s one of the first steps in getting your OEC.
4. Can I go to the MECO Taichung, Taiwan office directly to verify my employment contract?
No, you cannot go straight to the MECO Taichung, Taiwan. Prior to visiting, the POLO Taichung, Taiwan requires an appointment. You can book your appointment by calling their hotline numbers.
5. What is the MECO Taichung, Taiwan office hour?
The MECO office in Taichung, Taiwan is open from Monday to Friday 8:00am to 4:00pm (Closed on Taiwanese and Philippines public holidays).
6. What is MECO Taichung, Taiwan’s address?
MECO Taichung, Taiwan’s address is Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO), 20F, No. 220 Longbang Building (Building B) Sec. 2, Taiwan Boulevard, West District, Taichung City, Taiwan.
7. What is the MECO Taichung, Taiwan’s hotline number?
You can reach the MECO Taichung, Taiwan office at (886) 966537732 / (886) 423228836 ext. 14. You can also send a message to Manila Economic & Cultural Office via messenger.
Facebook Link: https://facebook.com/MECO.official/
8. What is the email address of MECO Taichung, Taiwan?
The Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) requires POLO contract verification in order to register a recruited or employed Filipino worker and process the Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC).
Authorities in Taichung, Taiwan are on high alert for illegal immigrants, so make sure your contract is verified. You’ll have access to all of POLO’s benefits and services, as well as those given by POLO’s Taiwan-based partners, once you’ve verified your contract.
MECO Taichung, Taiwan will only verify employment contracts of workers who have not previously been registered with the Administration
MECO Taichung City, Taiwan
Address: Manila Economic & Cultural Office, 403, Taiwan, Taichung City, West District, Section 2, Taiwan Blvd, 220號20樓
Contact Number: Taichung office: +886 4 2322 8836
Fax: (8864) 2302 9091 / (8864) 2302 9095
Website: https://www.meco-labor.org.tw/, https://www.meco.org.tw/
Facebook Page: https://facebook.com/MECO.official
Google Map Location
The POLO-OWWA office in Taichung City is managed by MECO as an extension office. Please see the map guide to the location of this office in Taichung: