The Home Development Mutual Fund (HDMF) or Pag-IBIG Fund created a national savings program for Filipino workers, which they can access whenever necessary. With the Pag-IBIG Multi-Purpose Loan, members can borrow their Pag-IBIG Regular Savings when they need immediate money. But what is this program all about, and how will it benefit Pag-IBIG Fund members? Read on to find out as we share our in-depth guide on how to apply for a Pag-IBIG Multi-Purpose Loan (MPL).
By contributing to the Pag-IBIG Regular Savings, members can borrow cash based on their total contribution. It is a cash loan, allowing members to borrow from their savings and enjoy a low-interest rate. Furthermore, members can apply for the Pag-IBIG Multi-Purpose Loan (MPL) for various purposes, from medical, education, and travel expenses to business capital, car repair, and special events. Therefore, members no longer need to look for lenders since they borrow their savings by applying for a Pag-IBIG Multi-Purpose Loan (MPL).
What is Pag-IBIG Multi-Purpose Loan
The Pag-IBIG Fund Multi-Purpose Loan (MPL) is a Short-Term Loan (STL) the agency offers to assist its members with instant financial needs. It’s a cash loan with as fast as two (2) days processing time, where a member can borrow up to 80% of their Pag-IBIG Regular Savings. If qualified for the loan, members can borrow from their total savings, consisting of the member’s monthly contributions, employer’s contributions, and accumulated dividends. Therefore, members who save more in Pag-IBIG Regular Savings can apply for a higher loan through the MPL.
On the other hand, members who availed of the Pag-IBIG Calamity Loan can only borrow the difference of 80% of their total Pag-IBIG Regular Savings after deducting their outstanding balance. The MPL has a lower interest rate of 10.5% per annum, which goes back to Pag-IBIG members via dividends. In addition, members can renew their Pag-IBIG MPL, given they meet the eligibility requirements and paid an amount equal to at least six (6) months of amortizations. Then, deduct the existing loan outstanding balance from the new loan proceeds.
Under the Pag-IBIG MPL, members can use the loan proceeds for various purposes, such as:
- Medical expenses
- Minor home improvement
- Capital for small business
- Tuition fees and other education-related expenses
- Purchase of appliances, electronic gadgets, or furniture
- Payment of utility and credit card bills
- Vacation and travel
- Special events
- Car Repair
- Other immediate needs
But before you apply for the Pag-IBIG MPL, check if you meet the following qualifications:
- Member should have at least 24 monthly membership savings on their Pag-IBIG Regular Savings account
- Active members with at least one (1) monthly membership savings in the last six (6) months before applying for the loan
- The account/s should not be in default if the member has an existing Pag-IBIG Calamity Loan, Housing Loan, or MPL
- Proof of income
If you’re qualified to apply for a Pag-IBIG Multi-Purpose Loan, secure the following documentary requirements:
- Multi-Purpose Loan Application Form (MPLAF, HQP-SLF-065 (1 Original)
- One (1) photocopy of valid ID accepted by Pag-IBIG Fund
- Proof of income (for formally employed), any of the following:
- Member should fill out the “Certificate of Net Pay” at the back of the application form
- Photocopy of one (1) month’s latest payslip duly authenticated by the company’s authorized signatory
- Proof of income (for self-employed), any of the following:
- One (1) photocopy of ITR, Audited Financial Statements, and Official Receipt of tax payment from the bank supported by DTI Registrant and Mayor’s Permit/Business Permit
- One (1) original copy of Commission Vouchers reflecting the issuer’s name and contact details (for the last 12 months)
- One (1) original copy of Bank Statements or passbook for the past 12 months (if income is from foreign remittance, pension, etc.)
- One (1) original copy of the Certified True Copy of Transport Franchise issued by the concerned government agency (LGU for tricycles, LTRFB for other PUVs)
- One (1) original copy of the Certificate of Engagement issued by the owner of the business
- One (1) original copy of the Notarized Affidavit of Income (HQP-SLF-136)
- Proof of income (for OFWs), any of the following:
- Employment Contract:
- One (1) photocopy of the Employment Contract between the employee and employer, or
- One (1) original copy of the POEA Standard Contract
- Certificate of Employment and Compensation (CEC):
- One (1) original copy of CEC written on the Employer/Company’s official letterhead
- One (1) original copy of CEC signed by the employer (for household staff and employees with similar work) – supported by a photocopy of the employer’s ID and passport
- One (1) original copy of the Income Tax Return filed with the Host Country/Government
If filling through a representative, secure the additional documents, including:
- Authorization Letter
- One (1) photocopy of the valid IDs of the representative and member
- Photocopy of the Payroll Account/Disbursement Card if releasing loan proceeds through the following:
- Payroll accounts via the Land Bank of the Philippines (LBP)
- Land Bank of the Philippines (LBP), Development Bank of the Philippines (DBP), United Coconut Planters Bank (UCPB) Cash Cards
- Photocopy of Payroll Account/Disbursement Card duly certified by the employer (if applying through an employer)
- Present the Payroll Account/Disbursement Card for authentication (for individual application)
Note: For authentication purposes, present the original documents for all requirements submitted in photocopies.
How to Apply for Pag-IBIG Multi-Purpose Loan
To apply for Pag-IBIG Multi-Purpose Loan (MPL), follow the steps below:
Via Virtual Pag-IBIG (Online):
- Visit the Virtual Pag-IBIG online portal through this link: https://www.pagibigfundservices.com/virtualpagibig/.
- Click the “Apply for and Manage Loans” option.
- Select the option “Apply for a Short-Term Loan.”
- Before you apply for the loan, prepare the following:
- Photo/scanned copy of your duly accomplished Loan Application Form (Click here to download the form; Check the Application Form front and back page)
- Photo/scanned copy of one (1) valid ID
- Cash Card, such as LandBank of the Philippines (LBP) Cash Card or Loyalty Card Plus issued by Asia United Bank (AUB) or Union Bank of the Philipines (Click here for Cash Card Guide)
- Selfie Photo showing your valid ID and Cash Card
- Next, click the Proceed button.
- Select Loan Type as Multi-Purpose Loan – 2 or 3-Year Loan Term.
- Enter your 12-digit Pag-IBIG Membership ID (MID) Number.
- Click Validate Your MID No.
- Upload your duly accomplished Loan Application Form and other requirements. If your employer enrolled under the Virtual Pag-IBIG for Employers, fill out the online application form for the Pag-IBIG Multi-Purpose Loan.
- Afterward, Pag-IBIG Fund will notify you regarding the status of your application. If the loan application is approved, you’ll also receive the scheduled date to get your loan proceeds.
Via Pag-IBIG Fund Office/Employer (On-Site):
Aside from that, members can apply for MPL by submitting their duly accomplished loan application form and documentary requirements to their employer. Members can also visit the nearest Pag-IBIG Fund branch to process their loan application.
In summary, the Pag-IBIG Multi-Purpose Loan (MPL) is a great program to help members with immediate financial needs. Through the MPL, members can borrow up to 80% of their total Pag-IBIG Regular Savings that they can use to cover medical expenses, tuition fees, vacation, or business capital. Thus, the Pag-IBIG MPL makes it easier for members to access their savings and use them for essential matters.