There is no physical Pag-IBIG office in Sweden, but you can email the Philippine Embassy in Sweden to register, make contributions, and get assistance. If you prefer to send contributions through an international remittance center, you can also go to one of the city’s money remittance centers.
OFWs working in Sweden have now access to Pag-IBIG’s financial services and benefits, such as investing, and helping them save for their future. Completing a Membership Registration form, submitting the required documents, and paying membership contributions through authorized remittance centers are all required steps in the process of becoming a Pag-IBIG member. So, if you’re an OFWs in Sweden, continue reading to learn how to apply and pay for a Pag-IBIG membership.
- How to apply for and pay for Pag-IBIG membership in Sweden? – E-mail
- How to Register Virtual PAG-IBIG Membership in Sweden Online
- Video: How to Change or Update Pag-IBIG Membership Record
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. How does an OFW in Sweden join Pag-IBIG?
- 2. Is it required to join Pag-IBIG?
- 3. What benefits come with Pag-IBIG membership?
- 4. How frequently do I have to contribute?
- 5. What happens if I don’t make any more Pag-IBIG contributions?
- 6. When is it possible for a Pag-IBIG member who is enrolled in Pag-IBIG (1) to withdraw his or her contributions?
- 7. Where can I pay my Pag-IBIG contributions in Sweden?
- 8. What is the Philippine Embassy in Sweden’s hotline number?
- 9. What is the Philippine Embassy in Sweden address?
- 10. What is the Philippine Embassy in Sweden office hours?
The following benefits are available to all Pag-IBIG members:
- Housing loan
- Short-term loan
- Long-term loan
You can also benefit from a variety of programs and services that Pag-IBIG provides as an OFW. These include:
- Calamity loan assistance
- Death and disability benefits
- Financial Assistance Programs
- Housing programs
- Livelihood programs
- Multipurpose Loan Programs
- Retirement benefits
The following will be needed to apply for membership in the Pag-IBIG Fund as of January 1, 2010, following the signing of Republic Act No. 9679:
- All SSS and GSIS members who are employees, workers, professionals, officers, and companies
- Everyone who serves on constitutional commissions and the judiciary
- Filipinos working for foreign-based companies, either locally or abroad
- Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs)
- Uniformed members of the Philippine National Police (PNP), the Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP), the Bureau of Jail Management and Penology, and the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP)
The following are the requirements for Pag-IBIG membership:
- Completely filled-up Members Registration Form (MRF)
- Original or photocopy of Philippine Passport and valid primary identification card
There are many ways to apply and pay for Pag-IBIG membership in Sweden.
How to apply for and pay for Pag-IBIG membership in Sweden? – E-mail
Step 1: Send an email to email@example.com indicating your concern; Pag-IBIG registration and contribution.
Step 2: Fill up the registration form.
Step 3: Scan the registration form and then send it in with other requirements.
Step 4: Pay the membership fees online or thru the accredited remittance centers in Sweden.
Step 5: Scan and submit the payment receipt.
Step 6: Wait for the payment confirmation.
You are now a member of Pag-IBIG!
Note: Keep posted with Philippine Embassy in the Sweden’s Facebook Page as they perform outreach activities regarding Pag-IBIG benefits and services.
How to Register Virtual PAG-IBIG Membership in Sweden Online
Step 1: Visit the PAG-IBIG Website here – https://www.pagibigfund.gov.ph/
Step 2: Scroll down and click the “Virtual PAG-IBIG Members” under e-Services.
Step 3: Click “Be a Member” and “Register” buttons.
Step 4: Fill in all the needed information then click the “Submit” button.
Step 5: After that, fill in all the member information then click the “Next” button.
Step 6: Fill in all the information in Other info, choose the method of your payment, then click the “Next” button.
Step 7: Input your complete permanent and present address then click the “Next” button.
Step 8: Input your present contact details then click the “Next” button.
Step 9: Following that, input your beneficiary or family member and their information, click “Save” then click the “Next” button.
Step 10: Choose your membership category then click the “Next” button.
Step 11: Review all the details before clicking the “Submit Registration” button.
Step 12: There will appear a successful registration page. Read it, then scroll down to get your membership data form, which should also include your RTN (Reference Tracking Number).
Step 13: Your official membership ID number will be texted to you by PAG-IBIG in a few days.
Step 14: You can now pay your contributions!
You can pay your contributions by opening the link and clicking the “Pay Online” button here – https://www.pagibigfundservices.com/virtualpagibig/
For more details, you can reach the Philippine Embassy in Sweden via:
- Contact Number: +46 8 400 147 30
- Website: https://stockholmpe.dfa.gov.ph/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PHinSweden
- Migrant Workers Office: https://migrantworkersoffice.com
Video: How to Change or Update Pag-IBIG Membership Record
You can update your Pag-IBIG membership information by going to the nearest Pag-IBIG office or sending an inquiry to the virtual Pag-IBIG office or Philippine Embassy in your area. To learn more about how to update or change your Pag-IBIG membership record, watch the video below.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any further questions regarding “How to apply for and pay Pag-IBIG membership in Sweden”, see the list of frequently asked questions and answers below.
1. How does an OFW in Sweden join Pag-IBIG?
There are numerous methods to join Pag-IBIG in Sweden. You may apply online or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to register and pay contributions.
2. Is it required to join Pag-IBIG?
Yes, as it is one of the requirements of OEC, OFWs, and migrant workers in Sweden are required to join Pag-IBIG.
3. What benefits come with Pag-IBIG membership?
Members of Pag-IBIG are eligible for several kinds of benefits, including home loans, death, and disability insurance, as well as money to help pay for educational and medical expenses.
4. How frequently do I have to contribute?
You have a choice of making monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, or annual contributions. To keep the benefits active, you must make your contributions on a regular, monthly basis.
5. What happens if I don’t make any more Pag-IBIG contributions?
Your Pag-IBIG benefits will be terminated if you stop making contributions to the account. The needed contributions plus interest must be paid to reactivate your account.
6. When is it possible for a Pag-IBIG member who is enrolled in Pag-IBIG (1) to withdraw his or her contributions?
After 20 years of Fund membership and 240 monthly contributions, a member is eligible to claim his Total Accumulated Value (TAV).
Under the following legal justifications, a member may also take their savings before the 20-year maturity:
- Death of the member
- Optional withdrawal after 10 or 15 years of continuous contributions
- Permanent departure from the country
- Permanent or total physical disability
- Termination from service by reason of health
7. Where can I pay my Pag-IBIG contributions in Sweden?
You can pay your contributions at any authorized remittance center in Sweden. You can ask and e-mail email@example.com for the list of authorized remittance centers.
8. What is the Philippine Embassy in Sweden’s hotline number?
You can reach the Philippine Embassy in the Sweden at +46 8 400 147 30.
9. What is the Philippine Embassy in Sweden address?
The Philippine Embassy in Sweden is located at the GRENSTIGEN 2A 181 31 LIDINGÖ, Stockholm, Sweden.
10. What is the Philippine Embassy in Sweden office hours?
The Philippine Embassy in Sweden is open Monday and Tuesday. 9:00 am – 4:00 pm; Wednesday to Friday; 9:00 am – 5:00 pm (Closed on Sweden and the Philippines public holidays).
Filipino migrant workers and OFWs in Sweden can save a lot of money by registering for Pag-IBIG. Pag-IBIG provides OFWs with the financial security as well as assistance they need to improve their lives through its extensive benefits and services. OFWs in Sweden may submit an application for membership in Pag-IBIG online using the Pag-IBIG website or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you want to get the most out of your membership with Pag-IBIG, it’s important to become familiar with all of its benefits and services. You can contact Pag-IBIG or the Philippine Embassy in Sweden, through their customer service hotline, email address, or websites if you experience any difficulties registering for membership or making the most of your membership’s benefits.