Filipinos who are based in Dubai can secure an Affidavit of Support and Guarantee from the Philippine Consulate General in Dubai (PCG Dubai) located in Al Qusais. The applicant needs to provide proof of their financial capability, such as bank statements or employment contract, to obtain the document.
OFWs can apply by following the PCG requirements and procedure for ASG application. Take note that there are certain requirements which need to be submitted along with the application. These include a valid passport, proof of relationship between sponsor and sponsored person, and other supporting documents as deemed necessary by the PCG such as proof of income, verified employment contract, pay slip, etc.
An Affidavit of Support and Guarantee is not a guarantee of entry or approval for a visa. It is simply a supporting document that can help strengthen an individual’s visa application. This document is typically required by the Bureau of Immigration officials in the Philippines for Filipinos who want to travel to the UAE for tourism purpose.
- What is Affidavit of Support and Guarantee (ASG)?
- How to Apply for ASG at the Philippine Consulate in Dubai, UAE
- Affidavit of Support and Guarantee Sample Form
- Important Reminders
- PCG Advisory: Pre-Screening Required for ASG Applications in Dubai and Northern Emirates
- Video: UPDATED ONLINE APPLICATION PROCEDURE FOR AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT AND GUARANTEE IN DUBAI – UAE
What is Affidavit of Support and Guarantee (ASG)?
An Affidavit of Support and Guarantee is a legal document that is commonly used in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), particularly in Dubai. It is a written statement made under oath or affirmation, signed by an individual to show their financial capability and willingness to support another person financially.
The purpose of this document is to assure the government and other concerned parties that the person being sponsored will not become a financial burden to them during their stay in the country. It is often required when applying for a tourist visas, especially for dependents such as spouses, children, parents, or domestic workers.
The Affidavit of Support and Guarantee includes information about the sponsor’s financial status such as their income. It also outlines the duration of support, responsibilities and obligations of the sponsor towards the sponsored person.
ASG compromise documents need to be turned in to the Philippine Consulate when trying to get a spouse, family, or 1st and 2nd degree of consanguinity or affinity to go as a tourist to the OFW’s country of residence.
Individuals who fall under the first and second degrees of consanguinity or affinity may sign an affidavit to sponsor a relative:
1st Degree by Consanguinity
1st Degree by Affinity
2nd Degree by Consanguinity
2nd Degree by Affinity
Below are the requirements for ASG:
- Completed Affidavit of Support and Guarantee (ASG) form
- The sponsor’s valid ID or passport
- The invited or sponsored individual’s valid passport or ID
- Proof of the sponsor’s relation to the invited or sponsored individual
- Sponsor’s Report Birth of Children
- Sponsor’s Report of Marriage
- Sponsored birth certificate issued by NSO/PSA
- Sponsored Marriage contract issued by NSO/PSA
- Sponsor’s Verified Employment Contract
- Proof of the sponsor’s stable income for the past six (6) months (payslip, bank statements/certificate, etc.)
|Family of Two – consists of a husband and wife or a single parent and child
|Family of Three – can consist of a married couple with one child or a single parent and two children
|Family of Four – consists of a husband and wife and their two children, or a single parent and their three children.
- Tenancy Contract (if not applicable, duly stamped hotel reservation)
Note: Other supporting documentation may or may not be requested by the Philippine Consulate General in Dubai, UAE.
Here are the other supporting documents you can use as references.
- Invited or sponsored individual’s Tourist/Visit Visa
- Sponsor’s Residence Visa
- Trade License of the Travel Agency
- Declaration of Commitment
- Letter of Invitation
How to Apply for ASG at the Philippine Consulate in Dubai, UAE
Please follow the steps below as PCG Dubai has outlined the procedure where you have to upload your documents online for pre-approval. Once all documents are approved, you can schedule an appointment to submit all your forms and then wait for 2-5 business days to pick up the notarized ASG.
Step 1: Scan all the required documents.
Step 2: Click the PCG Dubai ASG link to open an account or, if you don’t already have one, to register. Click here – https://dubaipcg.dfa.gov.ph/affidavit-of-support-and-guarantee-online-pre-assessment-system
- Enter your email address, this will check if you have made appointment in the past.
- Create your password. There must be a minimum of eight (8) characters in the password, including numbers. Provide your cellphone number, gender, last name, first name, middle name, and suffix name (if there’s any) then click the “Register” button.
Step 3: Click the “Next to proceed” button.
Step 4: Read the note carefully then click the “Next” button.
Step 5: Read the note then click the “Next button”.
Step 6: Click “Yes” if your passport is valid.
Step 7: Choose your Online Submission Registration Slot date.
Note: If the calendar shows “No more options”, it indicates that there are no slots available, and any request made with that selection is immediately invalid. You can come back soon as the system updates their appointment schedule every week.
Step 8: Fill-in all the required fields.
Step 9: Upload the needed documents.
Note: Your application will be rejected if it contains an incorrect, incomplete, or unclear attachment.
Step 10: Review the details then tick the square button and click the “Submit” button.
Note: The PCG officials will review your documents within three (3) business days. If additional documents are needed, you will get feedback through email.
Step 11: Click the three (3) horizontal line on the left side and click the “My Account”.
Step 12: Click the “View Appointment” to track your application.
Step 13: Wait for the follow up procedures email of the Philippine Consulate General in Dubai, UAE.
Step 14: An email will be sent to you to schedule an appointment to sign the documents in front of the Consulate General’s officials.
Step 15: Pay the processing fee.
Step 16: On the day of your appointment, bring your documentation and a printed copy of the email confirming your online appointment with a QR code to the Philippine Consulate General in Dubai, UAE office.
Step 17: Wait for two (2) to five (5) business days to receive the documents.
Once you receive the notarized ASG, you will need to have it delivered to the home address of the recipient (family member in the Philippines). This is an additional cost but they need the original document when presenting it at the airport immigration counter.
Please manage your schedule wisely as this requires time and money in order to successfully process this ASG form.
Affidavit of Support and Guarantee Sample Form
If you are wondering how the ASG form looks like in PCG Dubai, below is a screenshot sample reference so you can see what details and information to expect from the actual letter once it is notarized and approved. You will receive this document once you are at the office for your scheduled appointment:
- If you attach documentation that is incorrect, incomplete, or unclear, your application will be rejected.
- Appointment confirmation will only be sent to you after the documents have been reviewed and verified to be in order.
- The appointment schedule is NON-TRANSFERABLE.
- Failure to receive an email confirmation indicates non-registration and non-appointment.
- There is no fee for scheduling an ASG appointment.
- Sponsorship is prohibited for some visa categories, including Household Service Workers (HSWs).
- Affidavit of Support and Guarantee does not need to be requested by minors (17 years old and under) or senior citizens (60 years old and above).
- Each document needs to be translated into English legally.
- The applicant(s) must sign the document(s) in person in front of the Philippine Embassy or Consulate General officials.
- Any forged or altered documents presented for notarization or attestation may be confiscated outright once the consular officer has made the appropriate assessment. Fixers and the owner of the relevant documents will face legal action. If a document turns out to be fraudulent, payment will be refunded.
PCG Advisory: Pre-Screening Required for ASG Applications in Dubai and Northern Emirates
Please see this important advisory by PCG Dubai on ASG applications where they inform the public that a pre-screening is required by the applicant before being granted an appointment. So you will first upload your documents online and the Consulate will advise you of documents that you will need to comply if your application has missing docs. If you get an email that everything is approved, you will be given an appointment slot to submit the original documents. Make sure that you have the original documents!
Video: UPDATED ONLINE APPLICATION PROCEDURE FOR AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT AND GUARANTEE IN DUBAI – UAE
Watch the video below of YouTuber Lafamilia Salvatierra, shares her experience when she processed her Affidavit of Support and Guarantee.
An Affidavit of Support and Guarantee (ASG) is required for sponsors seeking to sponsor an individual’s first or second degree of consanguinity or affinity; the requirements are much broader than those stated in the document. It entails following all legal requirements and providing several supporting documentation. A lawyer should normally be consulted if there could be legal implications. Sponsors submitting an ASG application must personally sign the document or documents in front of Consulate General officials.