DSWD Centenarian Program for Filipinos Over 100 Years Old

Follow OWWA Member for more updates: Tiktok - Facebook - YouTube - Instagram - Twitter

The DSWD Centenarian Program was established to give public recognition to Filipino citizens who have reached the age of 100 years old and above. It is also a way of promoting active aging and honoring the valuable contributions of the elderly in our society.

Under the program, centenarians and their families will receive a visit from a representative of the DSWD, as well as a monetary gift and a personalized certificate. They will also be given priority in availing of social welfare services from the agency.

To avail of the program, interested individuals may contact the nearest DSWD office or field office in their area.

dswd centenarian program

What Is the DSWD Centenarian Program (Implementation of RA 10868 or the Centenarian Act of 2016)

RA 10868 Otherwise known as “CENTENARIAN Legislation OF 2016” is an act honoring and offering additional advantages and rights to Filipino centenarians and for other purposes. Through the Department of Social Welfare and Development’s (DSWD) Centenarian Program, the national government will give the qualifying beneficiary a one-time monetary gift of One Hundred Thousand Pesos (100,000.00).

The DSWD will provide the live centenarian a letter of Felicitation signed by the President of the Philippines, while the closest living relative of a deceased centenarian will be given a Posthumous Plaque of Recognition.

The city or town where a centenarian lives should give them a plaque of recognition and a monetary reward. To ensure the execution of this act and to provide additional awards and incentives to the centenarian, the Department of the Interior and Local Government issued directives and recommendations to cities and municipalities.


As part of the annual Elderly Filipino Week, the first Sunday of October has been designated as National Respect for Centenarians Day (EFW). Our nation celebrates its centenarians with a special day set aside to recognize their incredible achievements.

Anyone who turns 100 and meets the requirements can receive a financial gift (100,000.00) in the form of a cheque or direct deposit.


Anyone born in the Philippines who live to be 100 or more is considered a centenarian.


For endorsement by the city or municipality and subsequent submission to the DSWD field office, please submit the following documents:

  • Birth certificate
  • Philippine Passport

When neither of those options is available, main identification can be established with any of the following:

  • ID from the Office of Senior Citizens Affairs (OSCA)
  • the Senior Citizen’s ID

Alternative forms of government-issued identification in the Philippines:

  • a license granted by the DMV or LTO
  • SSS ID
  • Security and Identity Management System (GSIS) ID
  • Obtaining Your License from the PRC
  • Identification for Mail Delivery
  • Photo ID or COMELEC certification as a voter
  • A variety of others – proving Filipino nationality and birth year

If you don’t have one of the basic forms of ID listed above, we’ll take any two of the following:

  • Marriage Certificate
  • Birth Certificate of Children
  • Affidavit of at least two Disinterested persons
  • Old School or Employment Records
  • Baptismal or Confirmation Certificate

It is acceptable for Filipino ex-pats to present government-issued photo identification that has been validated as genuine by the Philippine embassy if they do not have a passport. The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) will work with the Commission on Filipinos Overseas (CFO) to submit the necessary paperwork (DFA).

How to Apply for Centenarian Benefits from DSWD


  1. Visit the nearest DSWD Field Office and look for the Social Welfare Officer. Ask for the application form for the centenarian program.
  2. Accomplish the form with all the required information. Submit the accomplished form to the Social Welfare Officer, along with the required documents.
  3. The Social Welfare Officer will then evaluate your application and documents to determine if you are qualified for the program. If you are found qualified, you will be given a Notice of Approval.
  4. You can claim your cash gift at the DSWD Field Office indicated in the Notice of Approval. Make sure to bring a valid ID when claiming your cash gift.


  • To receive benefits under the law, centenarians’ families must present primary documents, such as Philippine passports and birth certificates, to the Office for Senior Citizens Affairs (OSCA) and the local city or municipal social welfare office.
  • If you don’t have any of these, you can use any other valid form of identification, such as a driver’s license, a license from the Professional Regulations Commission, or a voter’s ID issued by the Commission on Elections (COMELEC).
  • Secondary documents, such as a marriage certificate from the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) or the Local Civil Registrar’s Office (LCRO), birth certificates of the centenarian’s children issued by the PSA or the LCRO, affidavits from two unrelated people over the age of 80 who know the centenarian’s birthdate and age, employment and school records showing the centenarian’s age, confirmation or baptismal records showing the centenarian’s age, and so on.
  • If a centenarian was alive on July 15, 2016, the effective date of RA 10868, but passed away before the law was put into effect, their heirs will need to provide documentation such as a birth certificate, confirmation or baptismal record, or marriage certificate to verify the centenarian’s age at the time of the law’s enactment.
  • Proof of relationship to deceased centenarians should also include a death certificate, photo identification, and proof of the nearest living relative’s live birth.
  • If multiple closest living relatives are still alive, a Special Power of Attorney (SPA) can be created to provide that individual the authority to accept the centenarian’s gift on behalf of the others. A Warranty and Release of Liability Form must also be signed by the next of kin.
  • If a resident of a residential care facility who was a centenarian does not have a living relative to claim their monetary incentive, the money will be placed into the account of the facility.
  • However, a centenarian who has been abandoned by their family but is now being cared for by a social welfare organization, a DSWD facility, the local government unit (LGU), or someone who is not a relative may also be eligible to receive the financial reward.
  • The incentive will be processed and disbursed after the submitted documents have been endorsed to the relevant DSWD Field Offices (FOs) for further validation by the assigned technical personnel of the FO.

Video: Failon Ngayon: Centenarian Law

Here’s the video about the program.

In the video, Lolito Tacardon, deputy executive director of the Population Commission (PopCom), discusses why Filipinos have a shorter life expectancy than people in other developed countries. Former Secretary of the Department of Social and Welfare Services Virginia Orogo and Undersecretary of State for Energy and Climate Change Michael Usec. Learn from Mae Fe Templa how centenarians can verify their age and receive financial benefits under the Centenarian Act.

Frequently Asked Questions

1. Who Is Eligible To Receive The One-Time Cash Gift?

Only Filipino citizens who have reached the age of 100 years old are qualified to receive the incentive under the law.

2. How Much Is The One-Time Cash Gift?

The one-time cash gift is Php 100,000.00.

3. Who Will Shoulder The Release Of The One-Time Cash Gift?

The one-time cash gift will be released through check and shall be coursed through the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD).

4. Who will shoulder the release of the one-time cash gift?

The national government will shoulder the cost of the one-time cash gift.

5. How Can I Claim The Cash Gift If I Am A Centenarian?

If you are a centenarian, you may claim your cash gift by submitting the following requirements to the nearest Department of Social Welfare and Development Field Office:

  • Proof of identity
  • Proof of age (any of the following):
    • Birth certificate
    • Baptismal or confirmation record
    • Marriage certificate
    • School records
    • Employment records
    • Affidavits from two unrelated individuals who are at least 80 years old and know the centenarian’s age and date of birth
    • Any other document that may prove the centenarian’s age

If the centenarian is deceased, his/her nearest living relative may claim the plaque of recognition on his/her behalf. The following documents are required:

Proof of relationship to the deceased centenarian

  • Death certificate
  • Photo identification of the claimant
  • Proof of the claimant’s live birth

If there are multiple closest living relatives, a Special Power of Attorney (SPA) can be created to provide that individual the authority to accept the centenarian’s gift on behalf of the others.

6. I Am Not A Relative Of A Centenarian But I Am Taking Care Of Him/Her. Can I Claim The Cash Gift On His/Her Behalf?

Yes. You may claim the cash gift on behalf of the centenarian as long as you are not a relative and you have taken care of him/her for at least six (6) months before the date of application. The following documents are


The Centenarian Act is a great way for our senior citizens to enjoy their golden years. Not only will they receive a one-time cash gift of Php 100,000.00, but they will also be recognized by the government for their achievements.

This law is a testament to the Filipino value of Filipino respect for our elders. We hope that more of our senior citizens will be able to avail of this program and receive the benefits that they deserve.

error: Content is protected !!