OWWA’s Financial Relief Assistance Program (FRAP) is one of the programs included in the Welfare Assistance Program (WAP). The purpose of the FRAP is to provide a relief measure to mitigate the impact of repatriation on our OFWs’ current socioeconomic situation.
The P10,000 financial relief assistance is a one-time aid given to each qualified displaced OFW, whether or not they are members of the OWWA, to assist them in adjusting to their new communities. The relief is part of the government’s repatriation support program, which tries to mitigate the impact of OFWs losing their jobs and income when they return to the country.
Note: The Welfare Assistance Program (WAP) is a benefit provided to active and inactive OWWA members, as well as their families, who are ineligible for any of the OWWA’s other social benefit programs and services.
- What is OWWA Financial Relief Assistance Program (FRAP)?
- Where to Secure the Requirements?
- How to Claim OWWA Financial Relief Assistance Package (FRAP)
- Important Reminders
- Videos: What to Expect from the OWWA Relief Assistance Package
- Frequently Asked Questions
What is OWWA Financial Relief Assistance Program (FRAP)?
The Financial Relief Assistance Program is for OWWA members who have been displaced or laid off as a result of economic, political, or health problems, as well as bankruptcy and other connected circumstances. Each OFW who is meant to be repatriated receives a P10,000 financial relief help under the FRAP.
The P10,000 financial assistance is part of the Department of Labor and Employment’s (DOLE) Assist WELL Program, which aims to address the welfare, employment, legal, and livelihood needs of OFWs repatriated due to crises or emergency situations and ensure their successful reintegration back into Philippine society.
Who are Qualified to OWWA Financial Relief Assistance Program (FRAP), please follow the guidelines below:
- OFW who lost their job due to the economic downturn in their country of residence and returned to the Philippines.
- OFW who has not left the Philippines to work abroad since they were repatriated.
- There are pending money claims filed in the court of the country of employment.
- The relative of a qualified OFW who has passed away can also avail.
- Accomplished application form
- At least two (2) valid I.D.s of OFW or Claimant
- Authorization Letter with I.D. of OFW, if claimant is not the OFW
- Certification from OWWA-POLO of OFW’s job sites
- In case of stranded BM, 1-3 requirements apply and to include:
- Return ticket or Boarding Pass of last arrical to Philippines
- Valid Visa
- OWWA Membership ID
- Original Medical Certificate / Abstract with PTR No. of Attending Physician (if you are suffering from health issues)
- Passport or Travel Document
- Proof of Loss of Employment on account of COVID-19:
- Notice/Certificate of Termination of Employment by Employer or Foreign/Philippine Recruitment Agency; and/or
- “Sariling Salaysay” on the Loss of Employment on Account of COVID-19, with valid I.D
- Proof of Overseas Employment:
- Copy of Overseas Employment Contract (OEC);
- Balik Mangagawa (BM) Online Certificate (if, BM);
- Residence I.D;
- Visa/Re-entry Visa; and/or
- Others as may be determined by the evaluating office.
- Proof of Return to the Philippines (for ROF)
- Boarding Pass; and/or
- Air Ticket
Where to Secure the Requirements?
In case you are wondering where to secure the requirement documents mentioned above, you may get some of these documents from your:
- Government-issued or company-issued
- OFW member
- OWWA office or POLO office
How to Claim OWWA Financial Relief Assistance Package (FRAP)
In case you are wondering what are the steps in order for you to get the relief assistance package, please follow the guidelines below:
Step 1: Visit the OWWA Regional Welfare Office that covers the permanent address of the OFW.
Step 2: Get priority number (ticket) and wait to be accommodated.
Step 3: Present OFW I.D. or info to the Membership Verification Desk, based on status of membership; get an application form and checklist of requirements.
Step 4: Submit the completed application form together with any supporting papers for validation and evaluation.
Step 5: Proceed to present the claim stub and request financial help by check or cash pay-out for approved applicants.
- If you want to apply for OWWA Financial Relief Assistance Program (FRAP), go to your nearest OWWA Regional Welfare Office (RWO) if you’re still in the country, or contact the Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO) if you’re still working overseas.
- The OWWA Regional Welfare Offices and Philippine Overseas Labor Offices will give you with the conditions you’ll need and the procedures you’ll need to claim OWWA Financial Relief Assistance Program (FRAP) cash benefits.
Note: If you are working in Saudi Arabia, you can apply faster by using this link.
Videos: What to Expect from the OWWA Relief Assistance Package
For additional information on what to expect and how to apply for the Financial Relief Assistance Program (FRAP), see these YouTube video guides below:
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some common questions people may have about the OWWA Relief Assistance:
1. What is the OWWA Financial Relief Assistance Program (FRAP)?
The Financial Relief Assistance Program is for OWWA members who have been displaced or laid off as a result of economic, political, or health problems, as well as bankruptcy and other connected circumstances.
2. Is it possible for me to apply on behalf of a deceased OFW relative?
The relative of a qualified OFW who has passed away can also avail.
3. How much can I get in Financial Relief Assistance Program (FRAP)?
OWWA members who are meant to be repatriated can receive PHP 10,000 as financial relief help.
Working in abroad is challenging, especially when you are far away from home. It’s good to know that OWWA provides financial relief assistance if you get displaced or laid off as a result of economic, political, or health problems, as well as bankruptcy and other connected circumstances while abroad. Remember to take advantage of this opportunity. Apply and get financial relief assistance to help you in times of need.