How to Apply NHA Housing Program for OFWs

Follow OWWA Member for more updates: Tiktok - Facebook - YouTube - Instagram - Twitter

The NHA OFW Housing Program is an initiative of the National Housing Authority (NHA) in the Philippines that aims to provide affordable and decent housing for Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs). This program recognizes the significant contribution of OFWs in the development of the country, and seeks to address their housing needs.

Owning a home is a common goal among Filipinos, especially for OFWs, as a means of giving their families a better future. However, they frequently find it difficult to afford homes due to their financial stability condition. Through the Tahanan ng Bagong Bayani Housing Program, the National Housing Authority (NHA) and the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) can provide affordable, high-quality housing. With the help of this affordable housing program, OFWs will be able to fulfill their dream of having a home and their quality of life would be improved.

Under this program, eligible OFWs can avail of different housing options such as socialized housing, economic housing, and low-cost housing. These options are designed to cater to the varying income levels of OFWs and provide them with suitable homes for their families.

how to apply for nha ofw housing program for filipinos

What is NHA?

The National Housing Authority (NHA) is a government agency in the Philippines responsible for providing affordable and decent housing to low-income families. It was established in 1975 through Presidential Decree No. 757, with the mission of “building sustainable communities and delivering quality homes for every Filipino family.”

One of NHA’s programs is the NHA OFW Housing Program, specifically designed for overseas Filipino workers (OFWs). This program aims to address the housing needs of OFWs by providing them with affordable, decent, and accessible homes. The NHA OFW Housing Program offers different types of housing units such as townhouses, duplexes, and single-detached houses located in various areas across the country. These units are built with quality materials and are designed to meet the specific needs and preferences of OFW families.

The Government Employees Housing Program (GEHP) has been expanded upon by the NHA program, which strives to provide equal opportunities for OFWs who do not have inheritable housing. The NHA-TBB is being implemented in collaboration with the DOLE to expand housing options, offering opportunities to all OFWs, and promoting comfortable housing units.


The following list are the qualifications to be eligible in applying for NHA OFW Housing Program:

  • Filipino worker abroad in active status (OFW).
  • If already an NHA awardee, you must have an updated account payment history.
  • Must be no older than sixty-five (65) years old on the application date and no older than seventy (70) years old when the housing loan matures.
  • When applying for housing assistance as a retired employee, one must submit a cash deposit within a year of their retirement date.



The following are the requirements to apply for NHA OFW Housing Program:


For Single Applicants:

  • Birth Certificate
  • Two (2) government-issued ID

For Married Applicants:

  • Marriage Certificate
  • Two (2) government-issued ID
  • For applicants not legally separated/annulled: Affidavit of Separation-in-Fact
  • Certificate of Active in Service (Only for uniformed Personnel)

Government Issued IDs:

  • Barangay Certification with Picture
  • Driver’s License
  • DSWD Certification/ Solo Parent ID
  • Government Office ID
  • NBI/Police Clearance/ID
  • Passport
  • Persons with Disabilities (PWD) ID
  • Philippine National ID
  • Postal ID
  • Senior Citizen ID
  • Voter’s ID

Pag-IBIG Fund

Upon Loan Application

  • Duly Accomplished Housing Loan Application
  • Proof of Income
  • Valid ID with Signature

From the Seller or Borrower

  • Contract-to-Sell
  • Latest of certified true copy of TCT
  • Tax Declaration
  • Vicinity Map/Sketch Map

Other Requirements

  • Health Insurance

Prior to Release of Loan Proceeds

  • Certificate of Acceptance
  • Deduct Loan Amortization
  • Latest of certified true copy of TCT/CCT
  • Occupancy Permit
  • Real Estate Tax Receipt
  • Security Documents
  • Tax Declaration
  • Tax Declaration Land
  • Transfer Tax Receipt

Note: Before submitting all the required documents, make sure your application form has been notarized.

How to Apply for NHA OFW Housing?

Step 1: Visit the NHA website here –

Step 2: Click “GEHP” under the “Online Services” tab.

how to apply for nha ofw housing project

Step 3: Scroll down and click the “Apply Now” button.

Step 4: Read again the qualifications, instructions, and the needed documentary documents.

Step 5: Ready to apply? Scroll down and click the “Click Here” button.

apply now for nha ofw housing

Step 6: Click the “Overseas Filipino Worker” button.

nha housing for ofws

Step 7: Fill up the required fields and upload the needed documents.

ofw application form for nha housing program

If you want to personally file the application form and other needed documents, click the “Click here to download” button.

Step 8: Review the details and the documents attached.

Step 9: Click the “I’m not a robot” and the “Submit” button.

There you have it, you already applied for NHA OFW Housing Program! Keep posted on your email for their reply.


Watch the video below by YouTuber RICROD-PH to know more about the NHA OFW Housing.

Frequently Asked Questions

If you have any further questions regarding “How to Apply for NHA OFW Housing”, see the list of frequently asked questions and answers below.

1. Can an OFW overseas avail of a housing unit via the NHA-TBB program?

Yes. If you are now overseas, you can choose an authorized representative to submit your documentation requirements to NHA on your behalf, providing that person has a Special Power of Attorney (SPA) in hand that specifies what the representative is and is not permitted to do on your behalf.

2. Can an OFW overseas avail of a housing unit via the NHA-TBB program?

Yes. If you are now overseas, you can choose an authorized representative to submit your documentation requirements to NHA on your behalf, providing that person has a Special Power of Attorney (SPA) in hand that specifies what the representative is and is not permitted to do on your behalf.

3. How should an OFW manage the requirements if s/he is unable to send an authorized representative?

You can just apply from the NHA office abroad if you are unable to send a local authorized representative. Just make sure the OFW’s current country of employment has the necessary documentation apostilled. The DFA website, the Philippine Embassy, or POLO in your area can all apostille your documents.

4. Can an OFW pay a desired amount of down payment?

Yes. It is up to you whether or not to make a down payment. This helps in reducing the amortization each month.

5. Is it possible for a former OFW to apply for the NHA OFW Housing Program?

Yes. Former OFWs are welcome to apply for the NHA OFW Housing Program. All they have to do is submit all the required documentation and a copy of their official proof of income.

6. What is the estimated number of years till the unit turnover?

As soon as you receive the approval notice, you can complete the process of transferring.

7. How can an OFW be employed directly without an OEC application?

One of the most important documents that the NHA requires is the Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC). Visit the Department of Migrant Workers (DMW) website or the nearest Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO) to apply for one.

8. Can an OFW who has already purchased a unit still be eligible to avail of a new one?

Yes. You are free to re-apply. Just make sure there are no unpaid balances and that your account is updated.

9. If an OFW is going to retire or has already retired but is still employed overseas, can they still apply for the NHA OFW Housing Program?

Yes. If you have already retired or will soon retire as an OFW, you will be considered a former OFW and remain eligible to use the housing unit offered by the program. Simply apply, and submit all necessary documentation as well as the most recent proof of income.



To help OFWs or our Bagong Bayani in fulfilling their dream of home ownership, the Philippines offers a wide range of housing loans. Among these is the NHA-TBB program, which is being managed in collaboration with DOLE by the NHA, the very organization entrusted with housing program implementation and availability to all Filipinos. The NHA launched the NHA-TBB program, a housing initiative especially for the OFWs, the Philippines’ Bagong Bayani, in an attempt to better the lives of overseas Filipino workers and get them closer to their goal of having a home.

error: Content is protected !!