The Pag-IBIG office in Hong Kong is located at Philippine Consulate General Office No. 2 29/F United Centre, No. 95 Queensway Admiralty, Hong Kong, where OFWs can update their contribution, apply for membership, or get answers to any inquiries. You can also visit money remittance centers in the city if you want to send your contributions through an overseas remittance center.
OFWs working in Hong Kong have now access to Pag-IBIG’s financial services and benefits, such as investing, and helping them save for their future. Visiting the Pag-IBIG office, completing a Membership Registration form, submitting the required documents, and paying membership contributions there or through authorized remittance centers are all required steps in the process of becoming a Pag-IBIG member. So, if you’re an OFW in Hong Kong, continue reading to learn how to apply and pay for a Pag-IBIG membership.
- How to Register PAG-IBIG Membership in Hong Kong via Philippine Consulate / MWO Office
- How to Register Virtual PAG-IBIG Membership in Hong Kong Online
- Video: OFW Hongkong Pays Her Pag-IBIG monthly Contribution
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. How does an OFW in Hong Kong join Pag-IBIG?
- 2. Is it required to join Pag-IBIG?
- 3. What benefits come with Pag-IBIG membership?
- 4. How frequently do I have to contribute?
- 5. What happens if I don’t make any more Pag-IBIG contributions?
- 6. When is it possible for a Pag-IBIG member who is enrolled in Pag-IBIG (1) to withdraw his or her contributions?
- 7. Where can I pay my Pag-IBIG contributions?
- 8. What is Hong Kong Pag-IBIG’s hotline number?
- 9. What is the Pag-IBIG in Hong Kong address?
- 10. What is the Pag-IBIG in Hong Kong office hours?
The following benefits are available to all Pag-IBIG members:
- Housing loan
- Short-term loan
- Long-term loan
You can also benefit from a variety of programs and services that Pag-IBIG provides as an OFW. These include:
- Calamity loan assistance
- Death and disability benefits
- Financial Assistance Programs
- Housing programs
- Livelihood programs
- Multipurpose Loan Programs
- Retirement benefits
The following will be needed to apply for membership in the Pag-IBIG Fund as of January 1, 2010, following the signing of Republic Act No. 9679:
- All SSS and GSIS members who are employees, workers, professionals, officers, and companies
- Everyone who serves on constitutional commissions and the judiciary
- Filipinos working for foreign-based companies, either locally or abroad
- Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs)
- Uniformed members of the Philippine National Police (PNP), the Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP), the Bureau of Jail Management and Penology, and the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP)
The following are the requirements for Pag-IBIG membership:
- Completely filled-up Members Registration Form (MRF)
- Original or photocopy of Philippine Passport and valid primary identification card
Update: On January 1, 2023, the Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO) now called the Migrant Workers Office (MWO).
There are many ways to apply and pay for Pag-IBIG membership in Hong Kong.
How to Register PAG-IBIG Membership in Hong Kong via Philippine Consulate / MWO Office
Step 1: Gather all of the necessary requirements.
Step 2: Go to the MWO office in Hong Kong.
Step 3: The assigned security personnel will ask what your inquiry is. To avoid long lines, bring the complete set of requirements.
Step 4: Get a token number from the assigned personnel.
Step 5: Go to the processing window and submit your documents.
Step 6: Pay membership fees.
Step 7: Wait for the Pag-IBIG Fund receipt.
You are now a member of Pag-IBIG!
How to Register Virtual PAG-IBIG Membership in Hong Kong Online
Step 1: Visit the PAG-IBIG Website here – https://www.pagibigfund.gov.ph/
Step 2: Scroll down and click the “Virtual PAG-IBIG Members” under e-Services.
Step 3: Click “Be a Member” and “Register” buttons.
Step 4: Fill in all the needed information then click the “Submit” button.
Step 5: After that, fill in all the member information then click the “Next” button.
Step 6: Fill in all the information in Other info, choose the method of your payment, then click the “Next” button.
Step 7: Input your complete permanent and present address then click the “Next” button.
Step 8: Input your present contact details then click the “Next” button.
Step 9: Following that, input your beneficiary or family member and their information, click “Save” then click the “Next” button.
Step 10: Choose your membership category then click the “Next” button.
Step 11: Review all the details before clicking the “Submit Registration” button.
Step 12: There will appear a successful registration page. Read it, then scroll down to get your membership data form, which should also include your RTN (Reference Tracking Number).
Step 13: Your official membership ID number will be texted to you by PAG-IBIG in a few days.
Step 14: You can now pay your contributions!
You can pay your contributions by opening the link and clicking the “Pay Online” button here – https://www.pagibigfundservices.com/virtualpagibig/
For more details, you can reach MWO / Pag-IBIG Hong Kong via:
Contact Number: (00852) 2823-8561 / 00852-67130147 / (00852) 28238562 / (00852) 94524287
Video: OFW Hongkong Pays Her Pag-IBIG monthly Contribution
It’s essential to pay your contributions according to the payment schedule after registering in Pag-IBIG. To find out where to pay your Pag-Ibig contributions in Hong Kong, keep watching the video below by YouTuber Jhatvblogs.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any further questions regarding “How to apply for and pay Pag-IBIG membership in Hong Kong”, see the list of frequently asked questions and answers below.
1. How does an OFW in Hong Kong join Pag-IBIG?
There are numerous methods to join Pag-IBIG in Hong Kong. You may apply online or directly visit the MWO in Hong Kong to register.
2. Is it required to join Pag-IBIG?
Yes, as it is one of the requirements of OEC, OFWs and migrant workers in Hong Kong are required to join Pag-IBIG.
3. What benefits come with Pag-IBIG membership?
Members of Pag-IBIG are eligible for several kinds of benefits, including home loans, death and disability insurance, as well as money to help pay for educational and medical expenses.
4. How frequently do I have to contribute?
You have a choice of making monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, or annual contributions. To keep the benefits active, you must make your contributions on a regular, monthly basis.
5. What happens if I don’t make any more Pag-IBIG contributions?
Your Pag-IBIG benefits will be terminated if you stop making contributions to the account. The needed contributions plus interest must be paid to reactivate your account.
6. When is it possible for a Pag-IBIG member who is enrolled in Pag-IBIG (1) to withdraw his or her contributions?
After 20 years of Fund membership and 240 monthly contributions, a member is eligible to claim his Total Accumulated Value (TAV).
Under the following legal justifications, a member may also take their savings before the 20-year maturity:
- Death of the member
- Optional withdrawal after 10 or 15 years of continuous contributions
- Permanent departure from the country
- Permanent or total physical disability
- Termination from service by reason of health
7. Where can I pay my Pag-IBIG contributions?
You can pay your contributions at the authorized remittance centers in Hong Kong. You can ask MWO for a list of authorized remittance centers in Hong Kong.
8. What is Hong Kong Pag-IBIG’s hotline number?
You can reach Pag-IBIG in Hong Kong at (00852) 2823-8561 / 00852-67130147 / (00852) 28238562 / (00852) 94524287.
9. What is the Pag-IBIG in Hong Kong address?
Pag-IBIG in Hong Kong’s address is Philippine Consulate General Office No. 2 29/F United Centre, No. 95 Queensway Admiralty, Hong Kong.
10. What is the Pag-IBIG in Hong Kong office hours?
The Pag-IBIG in Hong Kong is open Sunday to Thursday, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm, with NO noon break (Closed on Hong Kong and the Philippines public holidays).
Filipino migrant workers and OFWs can save a lot of money by registering for Pag-IBIG. Pag-IBIG provides OFWs with the financial security as well as assistance they need to improve their lives through its extensive benefits and services. OFWs in Hong Kong may submit an application for membership in Pag-IBIG online using the Pag-IBIG website or in person by visiting the MWO in Hong Kong. The Pag-IBIG office in Hong Kong is located at the Philippines Consulate General Office No. 2 29/F United Centre, No. 95 Queensway Admiralty, Hong Kong.
Understanding all of Pag-IBIG’s benefits and services is necessary if you want to make the most of your membership. If you run into any issues signing up for a membership or accessing the benefits of your membership, you can get in touch with Pag-IBIG or the MWO Hong Kong through their websites or customer support hotlines.