Are you an OFW or know someone who is? The OWWA Tuloy Aral Project is a scholarship program that helps children of former Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) continue their education. The project provides up to US$100 per year to help cover the child’s educational expenses.
In order to be eligible, the child must be enrolled in any public elementary or secondary school and have an average grade of at least 80%. The project is administered by the OWWA Regional Offices and funded by donors.
The Overseas Worker Welfare Administration (OWWA) is a membership organization dedicated to the welfare of OFWs and their families. It provides benefits and services that go above and beyond the terms of a job contract, an employer’s offer, or the regulations of the receiving country.
The Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) exists to protect and promote OFWs’ welfare and well-being. OWWA supports OFWs and their dependents by providing scholarships, insurance, and educational opportunities.
What is OWWA Tuloy Aral Project?
The OWWA Tuloy Aral Project helps dependents of OFWs who have finished their contracts and come home but are unable to return to overseas, as well as those who have been affected by tragedies, accidents, illnesses, or deaths while working overseas.
The Philippine Overseas Labor Offices (POLO) assists in finding OFWs who are successful and financially stable so that they can act as donors or other organizations willing to cover the school expenses of OFWs from marginalized communities.
Donors are requested to provide US$100 each year to help the child-beneficiary with his educational needs in elementary and high school. The funds will be used to cover educational expenses such as books, school supplies, projects, and so on. The project will be monitored by the OWWA Family Welfare Officers in the various regions.
- Must be a child of an OWWA member who is married or a sibling of an OWWA member who is single.
- Must be under the age of 21.
- Must be a Filipino citizen.
- Must be healthy and have a good moral character.
- Must be enrolled in any public elementary or secondary school and have an average grade of at least 80% and be in the leading 20% of the graduating class.
- 1 × 1 ID photo (2 copies).
- Accomplished scholarship application forms (2 copies).
- Certificate of Good Moral Character issued by the School Principal/Guidance Counselor.
- GWA certification of 80 %.
- Certification that the applicant belongs to the upper 20% of graduating class issued by the school principal.
- Any official copy of grades, such as a Form 137/Report Card or a Transcript of Records (TOR).
- Health Certificate attesting to the physical fitness of the application.
- Proof of OWWA Membership (i.e. Official Receipt of OWWA Contribution or Certification from OWWA Membership Processing Center).
- Any proof of relationship to the OWWA member, such as a PSA Authenticated Birth Certificate.
- Statement of the applicant that he/she has not earned units in any post-secondary/undergraduate.
- Sworn statement that he/she has no ongoing applications for resident immigrant status in any nation and that he/she has no dual citizenship that has been signed by the parent or legal guardian.
How to Apply on OWWA Tuloy Aral Project
In case you are wondering what are the steps in order to apply for the OWWA Tuloy Aral, please follow the procedure below:
Step 1: Go to the nearest OWWA Regional Office.
Step 2: Ask the guard where you can apply for OWWA Tuloy Aral Project.
Step 3: Submit your requirements to the teller.
Step 4: Wait for their response to your application via text or phone call.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Please follow the FAQs and answers about the Tuloy Aral project below:
1. What is OWWA Tuloy Aral Project?
Tuloy Aral Project was established in December 2004 with the goal of assisting former OFWs’ children, as well as children from poor, needy households, in continuing their education.
2. Who are qualified in OWWA Tuloy Aral Project?
Direct beneficiaries of an indigent or unemployed OFW enrolled in any public elementary or secondary school with above-average class standing.
3. How much can I get in OWWA Tuloy Aral Project?
Direct beneficiaries of indigent or unemployed OFWs can get up to US$100 per year, depending on their donor.
The OWWA Tuloy Aral Project is a scholarship program that helps children of former Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) continue their education. The project provides up to US$100 per year to help cover the child’s educational expenses. To be eligible, the child must be enrolled in any public elementary or secondary school and have an average grade of at least 80%. The project is administered by the OWWA Regional Offices and funded by donors.
We hope you found this guide helpful in understanding better what are the steps and qualifications in order to apply.
If you have any more questions about the OWWA Tuloy Aral Project, please do not hesitate to contact your nearest OWWA Regional Office. Thank you for your interest in this program!