Acquiring your OEC is necessary if you are an OFW in Turkey. There are additional aspects to consider and requirements to complete before receiving your OEC. OEC holders are entitled to lower travel taxes and terminal charge exemptions for their spouses and dependents. When visiting the Philippines on vacation and returning to their workplace to complete or renew their employment contract, OFWs in Turkey are encouraged to process their OEC
However, there is NO POLO office in Turkey, but the Philippine Embassy in Turkey, the closest Philippine government office, organizes a consular mission, so keep an eye on their Facebook page and website to find out when and where it takes place.
- What Should I do Before Applying for an OEC in Turkey?
- How to Schedule OEC Online Appointment in Turkey
- How to Get an OEC in Turkey
- Important Reminders
- Video: HOW TO GET OEC USING THE NEW SYSTEM FOR OFW BALIK MANGGAGAWA
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. Who can get OEC exemption?
- 2. Are OFWs allowed to travel without an OEC?
- 3. How long is an OEC or OEC Exemption Number valid?
- 4. Is my OEC valid for many uses?
- 5. Why does the system want my most recent OEC number? What does it mean?
- 6. What happens if I forget my OEC number?
- 7. What should I do if I lose my OEC?
- 8. Where can I settle my OEC fee?
- 9. What is Philippine Embassy in Turkey hotline number?
- 10. What is Philippine Embassy in Turkey address?
- 11. What is Philippine Embassy in Turkey office hour?
The following individuals are qualified to process the OEC.
- Directly employed Filipino workers by an international employer
- Individuals who are employed by a recruitment agency
- OFWs employed by POEA’s Government Placement Branch (GPB)
Each document should be submitted in two (2) copies: an original and a duplicate or photocopy.
Basic Document Requirements
- Printed Online Appointment (POPS-BAM)
- Printed Balik-Manggagawa Information Sheet
- Sworn Statement (For OFWs who have never had a POEA record or who are applying for OEC for the first time)
- Passport (valid for at least six months) from departure date
- Verified Employment Contract
- Certificate of Employment, Company ID, latest pay slip, or other documents as proof of employment
- Valid Work Visa, Work Permit, or any equivalent document
- Confirmed Airline Ticket
- OEC fees
- OWWA membership payment receipt
The list of requirements is subject to change, therefore it’s important to keep an eye on Philippine Embassy Turkey’s website and Facebook page for updates.
Turkey PH Embassy FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/PHinTurkey/
Note: There is currently NO POLO office in Turkey, but there is a consular mission that can process your OEC. Just make sure to call the Embassy first about your OEC application before going to the given place.
On the other hand, you can process your OEC at the nearest POEA office before leaving the Philippines, just make sure you have all the necessary documents.
What Should I do Before Applying for an OEC in Turkey?
You must prepare yourself before going to POLO/POEA Office; otherwise, you will only waste your time. Here’s what you should consider:
1. Philippine labor laws and regulations prohibit foreign employers from directly recruiting Filipino workers, so you should determine if you qualify for an exemption from the restriction on direct employment.
The employer must hire you through a POEA-accredited recruitment agency. However, some firms are exempt from the restriction on the direct hiring of OFWs. These include:
- Employers of Professional and Skilled Workers with Verified or Authenticated Employment Contracts that Comply with POEA Standards
- Foreign Diplomats
- Heads of State and High-ranking Government Officials
- International Organizations
- Lower-ranking officials from the first three items who are approved by the POLO
- Residents of the host nation who are permanent residents and who hire their family members, excluding domestic workers
2. Prepare all the required documents. As soon as you have confirmed that your employer is exempt from the direct hiring restriction, get everything ready right away.
How to Schedule OEC Online Appointment in Turkey
Follow these instructions to quickly make an appointment. Keep in mind that having an online appointment simplifies things because government workers can immediately verify your information.
Step 1: Visit the POEA Online Service Website here – https://onlineservices.dmw.gov.ph//onlineservices/poeaonline.aspx
Step 2: Click the “Let’s go” button on e-Registration
Step 4: Fill in the required information and then click register (a message will display indicating that your registration was “Successful”)
Step 5: Log in to the email address you provided when you registered (there is a message containing your “temporary password”)
Step 6: Return to the link provided in Step 1 and log in using the registered email address, then click “next.”
Step 7: Use the temporary password sent to your email, then click “log in.”
Step 8: Set your preferred password.
Step 9: Update your profile by clicking “My Profile,” after completing your profile, click “Update Profile” on the upper right side of the page
Step 10: Input your identification data (passport) and beneficiary on your profile
Step 11: Click the “Balik-Manggagawa” on your dashboard then click the “Next” button
Step 12: Enter your return flight date then click the “Next” button
Step 13: You will be asked whether you are returning to the same employer, job site, and position if you are a returning BM.
If so, you can print your OEC exemption immediately.
If not, go to step 9 instead (change employer or new BM)
Step 14: Input all your contract details then click the “Submit” button
Step 15: Select the nearest POLO/POEA office as the processing site then click the “Next” button
Step 16: Choose and select your preferred appointment date
Step 17: Take a screenshot and print your scheduled appointment date
How to Get an OEC in Turkey
Step 1: Gather all of the necessary requirements.
Step 2: Go to the POLO/POEA office on your scheduled appointment day. Show your approved appointment letter, valid ID, and full-dose vaccination card/certificate to the assigned security personnel.
Step 3: The assigned security personnel will check your name on the list of approved appointments for the day. To avoid long lines, bring the complete set of requirements.
Step 4: Get a token number from the assigned personnel.
Step 5: Go to the processing window and submit your documents.
Step 6: Pay for OEC fees.
Step 7: Wait for the OEC processor’s advice before printing your OEC in POPS-BAM System
Make sure that all the information and details in your OEC are correct and in line with your credentials.
Step 8: Sign in to your POPS-BAM account and select “Print OEC” from the “My Transaction Tab” menu.
- Avoid using non-English characters, such as Chinese, Korean, Japanese, or Arabic, when filling out online forms. This will delay the processing of your OEC. Therefore, make sure you enter only English characters.
- You are only permitted to acquire an OEC once every time you visit the Philippines. Getting more than one OEC simultaneously is not allowed.
- Just remember to bring three copies of your OEC to the airport on the day of your departure.
- Please keep in mind that the OEC can only be used for sixty (60) days beginning on the day it was issued.
- If a worker leaves the Philippines without an OEC, they might not be able to finish their check-in or they might be stopped by an immigration official before they leave. Prior to departing, you must make sure that you have this document with you at all times.
- Balik-Manggagawa OFWs must also present a copy of the contract they have with their company, along with their plane ticket and any other necessary travel documents.
- Once the OFW has all the proper documents, they can head to the airport and show the OEC to the immigration official there. OFWs that have an OEC can travel without issue and know that they are complying with all legal obligations related to their employment.
- Feel free to call Philippine Embassy in Turkey at (+90) (312)442 3824 / (+90) (312)442 3825 / (+90) (312)442 3827, Monday to Friday, 10:00 AM–4:00 PM (Closed on Turkish and the Philippines public holidays).
Video: HOW TO GET OEC USING THE NEW SYSTEM FOR OFW BALIK MANGGAGAWA
To find out more about how to get an OEC, see Cherrycee’s video below. She outlined about her OEC application experience. The process for acquiring an OEC in this video is the same as the process for acquiring an OEC in POEA and any POLO offices; you simply need to select the POEA office/host country as the processing office.
Please keep in mind that visiting the POLO/POEA office requires an appointment.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any further questions regarding “How to Process OEC in Turkey”, see the list of frequently asked questions and answers below.
1. Who can get OEC exemption?
The following requirements must all be met in order for a Balik-Manggagawas to be exempt from acquiring an OEC:
- Has a valid work visa or work permit
- Returning to the same employer and workplace
- Has a record in the POEA database
(Has previously received an OEC at any POEA offices or facilities, including the POEA main office, extension units, regional offices, POLO offices abroad, and BM mall processing centers)
2. Are OFWs allowed to travel without an OEC?
No. All OFWs leaving the Philippines, whether they are returning employees or new workers, must acquire an OEC.
The OEC serves as an exit clearance; therefore if you try to leave the country without it, Immigration will stop you. Additionally, you are excused from paying the terminal fee and travel tax thanks to this certificate.
3. How long is an OEC or OEC Exemption Number valid?
From the date of issuance, the OEC or OEC Exemption Number is valid for 60 days. You are required by POEA to obtain this as a Balik-Manggagawa before returning to your employer.
4. Is my OEC valid for many uses?
OEC or OEC Exemption Number is only intended for one use. Once you have given it to Immigration, it cannot be used again.
5. Why does the system want my most recent OEC number? What does it mean?
The most recent transaction record you have with POEA is your most recent OEC number. This information is required by the system in order to get your record and most recent employment information.
6. What happens if I forget my OEC number?
You will be redirected by the system to the APPOINTMENT page, where you must manually visit POEA to process your OEC.
7. What should I do if I lose my OEC?
Log in to your POPS-BAM account and reprint your OEC.
8. Where can I settle my OEC fee?
- You can pay your fees in a number of ways, including:
- Globe G-cash
- Over-the-counter thru Banks
- Over-the-counter thru Bayad Centers
- Online Banking
- POLO/POEA office
Instructions on how to complete the payment process will be sent to you through email.
9. What is Philippine Embassy in Turkey hotline number?
You can reach Philippine Embassy in Turkey office at (+90) (312)442 3824 / (+90) (312)442 3825 / (+90) (312)442 3827.
10. What is Philippine Embassy in Turkey address?
Philippine Embassy in Turkey address is Kazim Özalp Mahallesi,Kumkapi Sokak,
No: 36, Gazi Osman Pasa, Cankaya, Ankara, Türkiye 06700
11. What is Philippine Embassy in Turkey office hour?
The Philippine Embassy in Turkey is open Monday to Friday, 10:00 AM–4:00 PM (Closed on Turkish and the Philippines public holidays).
OFWs in Turkey who want to return to their home country must acquire OEC. You may be exempt from the requirement if you are returning to the same company and job site and only need to print an OEC exemption. In any case, all OFWs in Turkey are required to sign up for the new POEA online system.
Although there is currently NO POLO office in Turkey, your OEC can be processed by the consular mission of the Philippine Embassy in Turkey. OFWs can ask for assistance from the consular mission with POLO and OWWA inquiries, but for OEC applications, OFWs must first contact the Philippine Embassy in Turkey to schedule an appointment. If you want to process your OEC before leaving the Philippines, go to the nearest POEA office. Just make sure you have all of the necessary documentation.