One of the main functions of the Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO) is processing individual contract verification of employment. The Labor Attaché will make sure that the contract terms are legal in the host country. The Philippines’ DMW BM Centers will get the validated contract as a requirement for OECs.
Filipinos in Greece, who need to verify their employment contracts can do so at the Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO) – Greece, which is located at 10 Fthiotidos St., Ambelokipi, 115 23 Athens, Greece.
There are Consular Missions / Mobile Outreach Missions for Filipinos in Greece, so regularly check the Philippine Embassy’s Facebook page to see where they’re doing outreach.
When visiting the POLO Greece office, always wear a face mask and maintain social distance due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The process and requirements for obtaining an Employment Contract Verification in Greece are discussed in the article.
- How to Process Contract Verification in Athens, Greece
- Procedural Guidance
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. What is Employment Contract Verification?
- 2. Is it possible to get OEC without a verified contract?
- 3. How long does contract verification take?
- 4. Can I skip getting employment contract verification?
- 5. Can I go to the POLO Greece office directly to verify my employment contract?
- 6. What is the POLO Greece office hour?
- 7. What is POLO Greece’s address?
- 8. What is the POLO Greece’s hotline number?
- 9. What is the email address of POLO Greece?
- Contact Information
- Google Map Location
- Filipino workers that have changed jobs onsite and are registered with POEA.
- Filipinos working in Greece without a POEA record.
- Filipino nationals who have been authorized for an employment visa by the Immigration Department.
- Change of employer and/or name of employer for the first time in Greece (for example, from a tourist or from another nation).
- Others on a fixed-term contract (this needs contract verified every renewal).
Note: OFWs who have already had their contracts verified with their present employer do not need to have their renewal contracts verified again. They can just show their old verified contract and their renewed contract when applying for BM, as long as the Employer remains the same.
- Copy of Passport Data Page
- Copy of Visa or Work Permit
- Copy of the Employer’s ID
- Employment Contract
How to Process Contract Verification in Athens, Greece
Please check out the procedure below on how to process individual employment contract verification in Greece:
Step 1: Gather all the requirements.
Step 2: Combine all of the documents into one PDF file and email it to email@example.com with the subject header EMP ONLINE.
Step 3: POLO Greece will send you an email/SMS/phone confirmation as well as a payment reminder.
Step 4: Pay the verification fee to the remittance center with the following account information: Office of the Labor Attache, POLO Greece, Fthiotidos 10 Ambelokipi 11523 Athens, Greece
Step 5: Confirm your payment by sending the payment receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 6: Once you’ve confirmed your payment, POLO will send you your verified employment contract via email.
Here are some helpful tips and reminders to keep in mind during the contract verification process:
- Make sure that the employment contract is dated and signed on all pages by both the employee and the employer.
- Incomplete document submissions, payments, or other deficiencies, such as missing signatures, will not be accepted.
- Keep your payment receipt as proof of payment to POLO Greece.
- POLO will send you an email when the verified contract documents are available.
- To avoid delays, employers should closely comply with all requirements.
- Feel free to call +30 210 698 3335 Monday to Friday 9:00am to 3:00pm (Closed on Greece and Philippines public holidays).
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any further questions regarding “How to Verify Employment Contract in Greece”, see the list of frequently asked questions and answers below.
1. What is Employment Contract Verification?
Employment Contract Verification verifies that the OFW has a job and an employer, and that the contract conditions match the POEA and host government’s minimum requirements.
2. Is it possible to get OEC without a verified contract?
A verified employment contract is the most important requirement for the issue of an OEC. Only the POLO or the POEA can provide verification services.
3. How long does contract verification take?
You can get your contract verification after seven (7) working days.
4. Can I skip getting employment contract verification?
No, you can’t skip getting your employment contract verification because it’s one of the first steps in getting your OEC.
5. Can I go to the POLO Greece office directly to verify my employment contract?
Yes, you can verify your employment contract directly at POLO Greece. Simply make an appointment first and present any of the following POLO Greece Health Protocols:
- A full-dose vaccination certificate with booster dosage (3/3) (2/2 for single-dose vaccine).
- If a certificate of booster vaccination is not available, a negative COVID-19 test must be presented, which could include:
- a) Negative Rapid Test taken within 24 hours
- b) A negative Self-Test taken in the last 24 hours duly registered at gov.gr
- c) Negative RT-PCR Test taken within 48 hours before appointment.
6. What is the POLO Greece office hour?
The POLO office in Greece is open from Monday to Friday, 9:00 am – 3:00 pm (Closed on Greece and Philippines public holidays).
7. What is POLO Greece’s address?
POLO Greece address is Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO) – Greece 10 Fthiotidos St., Ambelokipi, 115 23 Athens, Greece.
8. What is the POLO Greece’s hotline number?
You can reach the POLO Greece office at +30 210 698 3335. You can also send a message to Philippine Embassy in Greece via messenger.
Facebook Link: https://www.facebook.com/PHLinGreece
9. What is the email address of POLO Greece?
The email address of POLO Greece is email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) requires POLO contract verification in order to register a recruited or employed Filipino worker and process the Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC).
Authorities in Greece are on high alert for illegal immigrants, so make sure your contract is verified. You’ll have access to all of POLO’s benefits and services, as well as those given by POLO’s Greece-based partners, once you’ve verified your contract.
Only employment contracts of workers who have not previously been registered with the Administration will be verified by POLO Greece. From Monday to Friday 9:00 am to 3:00 pm, OFWs can verify their employment contracts at the Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO) – Greece 10 Fthiotidos St., Ambelokipi, 115 23 Athens, Greece.
You must carefully follow the procedures and complete your requirements to avoid contract verification delays.
Address: 10 Fthiotidos St., Ambelokipi, 115 23 Athens, Greece
Telephone Number: +30 210 698 3335
Email Address: email@example.com
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/PHLinGreece/
Google Map Location
If you are looking for a quick map guide so that you can go to POLO-Greece, here it is: