Filipinos in New Zealand, who need to verify their employment contracts can do so at the POLO New Zealand through MAIL, which is located at Phiippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO Wellington), Level 1, 286 Thorndon Quay, Pipitea, Wellington 6011.
One of the main functions of the Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO) is contract verification. The Labor Attaché will make sure that the contract terms are legal in the host country. The Philippines’ POEA BM Centers will get the validated contract as a requirement for OECs.
There are Consular Missions / Mobile Outreach Missions for Filipinos in New Zealand, so regularly check on the Philippine Overseas Labour Office – New Zealand Facebook page to see where they’re doing outreach.
It is advisable to always wear face mask and keep your distance when visiting the POLO New Zealand office. The process and requirements for obtaining an Employment Contract Verification in Greece are discussed in the article.
- How to Process Contract Verification in New Zealand
- Procedural Guidance
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. What is Employment Contract Verification?
- 2. Is it possible to get OEC without a verified contract?
- 3. How long does contract verification take?
- 4. Can I skip getting employment contract verification?
- 5. Can I go to the POLO New Zealand office directly to verify my employment contract?
- 6. What is the POLO New Zealand office hour?
- 7. What is POLO New Zealand’s address?
- 8. What is the POLO New Zealand’s hotline number?
- 9. What is the email address of POLO New Zealand?
- 10. Can I verify my employment contract instead of my employer?
- 11. How much does it cost to process employment contract verification?
- Contact Information
- Google Map Location
- Filipino workers that have changed jobs onsite and are registered with POEA.
- Filipinos working in New Zealand without a POEA record.
- Filipino nationals who have been authorized for an employment visa by the Immigration Department.
- Change of employer and/or name of employer for the first time in New Zealand (for example, from a tourist or from another nation).
- Others on a fixed-term contract (this needs contract verified every renewal).
Note: OFWs who have already had their contracts verified with their present employer do not need to have their renewal contracts verified again. They can just show their old verified contract and their renewed contract when applying for BM, as long as the Employer remains the same.
The qualified Filipinos’ employers will process the verification of their employment contracts.
- Original Employment Contract (Signed by the worker and the employer)
- Photocopy of signed Addendum to the Contract (You must submit insurance that covers repatriation and medical assistance to the Philippines in the event of a worker’s death or serious sickness if your employer refuses to sign the Addendum)
- Photocopy of your passport that is valid for travel for at least six (6) months
- Photocopy of valid Work Visa
- Recent pay slip
- Sworn Statement (Explaining how you came to work for your current employer, their name, and whether you’ve changed your visa status) [No notarial/notarization required]
- NZ $16.00 Contract Verification fee
How to Process Contract Verification in New Zealand
Check out the procedure below on how to process employment contract verification in New Zealand.
Step 1: Gather all the requirements.
Step 2: Send the original and one (1) photocopy of all required documents for employment contract verification, Money Order and a pre-paid self-addressed return envelope through mail/courier to:
Phiippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO Wellington), Level 1, 286 Thorndon Quay, Pipitea, Wellington 6011
Step 3: Incomplete documents will be returned, along with the fees, in the return envelope provided. POLO staff will call or email you for more information.
Step 4: You will receive an e-mail notification once your documents have been verified by POLO and are ready for return.
Here are some helpful tips and reminders to keep in mind during the contract verification process:
- Make sure that the employment contract is dated and signed on all pages by both the employee and the employer.
- All documentation should be submitted in two (2) sets or copies.
- Incomplete document submissions, payments, or other deficiencies, such as missing signatures, will not be accepted.
- The verified employment contract will be given via MAIL/COURIER.
- If the employer completed the employment contract verification, the employer must give the original processed document to the employed worker or to the Philippine Recruitment Agency, which will then present it to POEA as part of the procedures for the issue of exit clearance.
- To avoid delays, employers should closely comply with all requirements.
- Feel free to call (00644) 260 1161 Monday to Friday 9:00am to 4:00pm (Closed on New Zealand and Philippines public holidays).
- For workers who are bound to work in New Zealand, Marshal Islands, Samoa, Tonga, Fiji, Cook Island, French Polynesia, and Niue kindly transact with POLO – Wellington through their e-mail address: email@example.com
- For Foreign Placement Agencies and Direct Employers who are in New Zealand, Marshal Islands, Samoa, Tonga, Fiji, Cook Island, French Polynesia, and Niue Island kindly transact with POLO – Wellington through their e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any further questions regarding “How to Verify Employment Contract in New Zealand”, see the list of frequently asked questions and answers below.
1. What is Employment Contract Verification?
Employment Contract Verification verifies that the OFW has a job and an employer, and that the contract conditions match the POEA and host government’s minimum requirements.
2. Is it possible to get OEC without a verified contract?
A verified employment contract is the most important requirement for the issue of an OEC. Only the POLO or the POEA can provide verification services.
3. How long does contract verification take?
After the POLO receives your documents, you can have your contract verification within seven (7) working days.
4. Can I skip getting employment contract verification?
No, you can’t skip getting your employment contract verification because it’s one of the first steps in getting your OEC.
5. Can I go to the POLO New Zealand office directly to verify my employment contract?
No, you cannot go straight to the POLO New Zealand office. Prior to visiting, the POLO New Zealand office requires an appointment. It is recommended that you process your employment contract verification via MAIL.
6. What is the POLO New Zealand office hour?
The POLO office in New Zealand is open from Monday to Friday, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm (Closed on New Zealand and Philippines public holidays).
7. What is POLO New Zealand’s address?
POLO New Zealand address is Phiippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO Wellington), Level 1, 286 Thorndon Quay, Pipitea, Wellington 6011.
8. What is the POLO New Zealand’s hotline number?
You can reach the POLO New Zealand office at (00644) 260 1161. You can also send a message to Philippine Overseas Labour Office – New Zealand via messenger. Facebook Link: https://www.facebook.com/polonewzealand/
9. What is the email address of POLO New Zealand?
The email address of POLO New Zealand is email@example.com.
10. Can I verify my employment contract instead of my employer?
Yes, as long as you have all of the requirements, you can process your employment contract verification, although it is preferred that the employer perform it. Because foreign employers that hire Filipinos must work through a legally licensed Philippine recruitment agency and sign a recruiting agreement with them.
11. How much does it cost to process employment contract verification?
The processing fee for employment contract verification is NZ $16.00.
The Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) requires POLO contract verification in order to register a recruited or employed Filipino worker and process the Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC).
Authorities in New Zealand are on high alert for illegal immigrants, so make sure your contract is verified. You’ll have access to all of POLO’s benefits and services, as well as those given by POLO’s New Zealand-based partners, once you’ve verified your contract.
POLO New Zealand will only verify employment contracts of workers who have not previously been registered with the Administration. There is a Consular Missions / Mobile Outreach Missions for Filipinos in New Zealand that provides employment contract verification, OWWA services, consular missions, mobile missions, and other services to the most remote areas of New Zealand, so keep an eye on their Philippine Overseas Labour Office – New Zealand Facebook page to see when these outreach events take place.
POLO Wellington, New Zealand
Address: Level 1, 286 Thorndon Quay, Pipitea, Wellington 6011, New Zealand
Contact Number: (00644) 260 1161
Office Hours: 10:00 am to 3:00 pm Monday to Friday
1:00 pm to 4:00 pm on certain Sundays
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/PHLinNZ
Closed during New Zealand and Philippine declared holidays. Please view the link https://booking.philembassy.org.nz to see which Sundays are open.
Google Map Location
Please check out the map guide to the location of the POLO-OWWA office in New Zealand below: