OWWA Medical Assistance is part of the Welfare Assistance Program of the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) which provides medical assistance to distressed overseas Filipino workers in need of medical and surgical intervention. Please follow the guide on how you can apply for this said benefit.
The Welfare Assistance Program is a benefit provided to active and inactive OWWA members, as well as their families, who are ineligible for any of the OWWA’s other social benefit programs and services. It aims to provide cash relief assistance to OWWA members in need of medical assistance that is not covered by the Secretariat’s normal programs.
- What is OWWA Medical Assistance?
- Who are Qualified to OWWA Medical Assistance?
- What are the Requirements?
- Where to Secure the Requirements?
- How to avail OWWA Medical Assistance
- Important Reminders
- Video: Claiming OWWA Medical Assistance – PHP 20,000
- Frequently Asked Questions
What is OWWA Medical Assistance?
Medical Assistance is a form of medical cash assistance provided to OWWA members who are sick or injured as a result of a crime or accident and are not covered by the MEDplus Program. Medical Assistance offers up to P20,000 for the OWWA members.
Who are Qualified to OWWA Medical Assistance?
This program is open to OFW Members and OFW Qualified Dependents who are sick or injured as a result of a crime or accident and are not covered by the MEDplus Program.
What are the Requirements?
- OWWA Membership ID
- At least two (2) valid I.D.s of OFW or Claimant
- Authorization Letter with I.D. of OFW, if claimant is not the OFW
- Original Medical Certificate / Abstract with PTR No. of Attending Physician
Where to Secure the Requirements?
- Competent Practitioner and Medical
- Government-issued or company-issued
- OFW member
How to avail OWWA Medical Assistance
Here’s a step by step guide of the process in claiming the OWWA medical assistance:
Step 1: Visit the OWWA Regional Welfare Office that covers the permanent address of the OFW.
Step 2: Get priority number (ticket) and wait to be accommodated.
Step 3: Present OFW I.D. or info to the Membership Verification Desk, based on status of membership; get an application form and checklist of requirements.
Step 4: Submit the completed claim form together with any supporting papers for validation and evaluation.
Step 5: Proceed to present the claim stub and request financial help by check or cash pay-out for approved applicants.
Also Read: How to Claim OWWA Calamity Assistance?
- If you want to apply for OWWA Medical Assistance, go to your nearest OWWA Regional Welfare Office (RWO) if you’re still in the country, or contact the Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO) if you’re still working overseas.
- RWO and POLO will give you with the conditions you’ll need and the procedures you’ll need to claim OWWA Medical Assistance cash benefits.
Video: Claiming OWWA Medical Assistance – PHP 20,000
For additional information on what to expect and how to apply for the Medical Assistance Program, see these YouTube videos.
The videos feature fellow Pinoys who were able to claim their medical assistance and they share their benefits. They also thanked OWWA agency for providing this type of cash assistance especially during their medical situation.
Frequently Asked Questions
You may check out the following questions and answers about the OWWA medical assistance under the Social Benefits program.
1. What is the OWWA Medical Assistance Program?
Medical Assistance is a form of medical cash assistance provided to OWWA members who are sick or injured as a result of a crime or accident and are not covered by the MEDplus Program.
2. Can I apply for Medical Assistance if I have already applied for MEDplus?
No, you cannot apply to both programs at the same time. You only need to apply in one program.
3. How much can I get in Medical Assistance?
OWWA members are eligible for up to P20,000 in medical assistance.
Working in abroad is challenging, especially when you are far away from home. It’s good to know that OWWA provides medical assistance if you get sick or have an accident while abroad. Remember to take advantage of this opportunity. Apply and get medical support to help you in times of need.