Officials from the Philippine Bureau of Immigration might request the Affidavit of Support & Guarantee (ASG) as a further supporting document when implementing the Department of Justice’s Circular 036-2015 – Inter-Agency Council Against Trafficking (IACAT) Revised Guidelines on Departure Formalities for International Bound Passengers who are sponsored by their Australian relatives.
The Philippine Embassy in Canberra may notarize or consularise ASG documents that must be completed and signed in front of a consular official. The document that has been notarized will have an Embassy seal, a covering page, and an acknowledgment or jurat.
Applying for ASG can be done for OFWs who reside in Canberra; the Philippine Embassy is located at 1 Moonah Place, Yarralumla, ACT, Australia, Australian Capital Territory. To be allowed to enter Embassy property, the applicant must schedule an appointment and wear a mask. The Embassy office is open Monday to Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Please be advised that certain requirements, including a valid ID, must be attached and submitted in the application.
- Affidavit of Support and Guarantee in PH Consulate Sydney, Australia
- Affidavit of Support and Guarantee in PH Consulate Melbourne, Australia
- Affidavit of Support and Guarantee in PH Consulate Queensland, Australia
For the chance to sponsor their relatives up to the fourth degree, Filipino residents of Canberra must have to submit an Affidavit of Support & Guarantee (ASG). The following are the categories for degrees first through fourth:
- Great grandparents
- Great grandchild
- First Cousin
- First cousin-in-law
- Great Aunt/Uncle
- Grand Nephew/Niece
- Great great grand parents
- Great Grandparents-in-law
- Great grandchild-in-law
Please provide the following in two sets, original and photocopies:
- Personal appearance of the applicant
- ASG documents – Downloadable Template here – https://dms.philembassy.org.au/index.php/website/download-forms/affidavit-and-spa/42-affidavit-sworn-statement-statutory-declaration/file
- A valid form of identification, such as a driver’s license, passport, or other identity card issued by the government, must contain the holder’s photograph and signature. To be acknowledged, the identity must match the name on the document.
- Each document requires a non-refundable payment of A$45.00, which can be made using a postal money order payable to the “Philippine Embassy” or by card with a 1.5% surcharge. There is an additional $18.00 per document for expedited processing.
- If you would want your document mailed to you, please include a self-addressed, prepaid Registered Post or Express Post Prepaid return envelope.
If necessary to ensure the legitimacy of the documents provided, the identity of the person signing the documents, etc., the Philippine Embassy has the right to request further documentation or proof from the applicant.
- Copy of data and visa page from the sponsored individual’s passport
- Bank documents and/or an employment contract as proof of financial capability
- A birth certificate issued officially from the PSA or NSO, a marriage certificate or contract, or any other document certifying a relationship.
How to Apply for ASG at the PH Embassy in Canberra, Australia
The following procedures must be followed to apply for an Affidavit of Support & Guarantee (ASG) at the Philippine Embassy in Canberra:
Step 1: Visit the link here to book an appointment for notarial – https://booking.philembassy.org.au/
Step 2: If you already have an account, please log in; if not, please click the registration link here to create one –https://booking.philembassy.org.au/register/
Provide your personal information, email address, and password then click “Register.”
To log in, type your password and email address.
Step 3: Click the second link to book an appointment.
Step 4: Choose the “Notarial or Legalisation” under Canberra Service then click Next.
Step 5: Choose your appointment date and time then click Next.
Step 6: Fill in your personal information, tick the box, then click Submit.
Step 7: Check your email for confirmed booking details.
Step 8: Compile every document needed. Don’t forget to bring two sets of documents: a set of photocopies and an original set.
Step 9: Be at the Philippine Embassy in Canberra on the scheduled date and time. Put on a facemask and keep a social distance.
Step 10: Give the ASG form at the notarial/consular counter together with the other documents. If you would want your document mailed to you, please include a self-addressed, prepaid Registered Post or Express Post Prepaid return envelope.
Step 11: Wait patiently till the personnel/officials of the Philippine Embassy call your name or number.
Step 12: Sign all necessary documents in front of an official or personnel of the Philippine Embassy.
Step 13: Pay the notarial fee payment.
Regular processing costs A$18.00 and takes three (3) business days to complete when all requirements have been received.
The expedited processing costs A$18.00 and is done within 24 hours of receiving completed requirements.
Step 14: Keep the receipt and show it to the personnel of the Philippine Embassy on the specified date to be able to obtain the ASG document(s). Alternatively, wait for your return envelope if you submitted a self-addressed envelope.
Template Sample ASG Form
If you want to get an idea of how the Affidavit of Support & Guarantee (ASG) form looks like, you can download a sample template here:
Remember that you can write your own content, but the structure of the form must be similar to the sample template provided by the Philippine Embassy.
Video: IMMIGRATION – AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT FOR AUSTRALIA TOURIST WITH SPONSOR
One of the documents that the Philippine Bureau of Immigration (BI) requests before you depart the country, especially if your trip is sponsored, is the Affidavit of Support & Guarantee (ASG). Watch YouTuber Kuya Randy’s video below to see his response to a question regarding the Australian Affidavit of Support & Guarantees (ASGs) that was posted in his comments section.
Philippine Embassy in Canberra
Address: Philippine Embassy in Canberra, 1 Moonah Place, Yarralumla, ACT, Australia, Australian Capital Territory
Contact Number: +61.262732535 Ext. 107
Email Address: email@example.com