You might be wondering why you need to verify your employment contract if you’re an OFW in Kaohsiung, Taiwan. The Labor Attaché conducts or applies verification to guarantee that all Filipino migrant employees’ job rights, benefits, and welfare at the worksite are properly protected.
It ensures that the employment contracts of overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) comply with current employment laws, standards, and practices in the Philippines and the host country, as well as the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration’s (POEA) documentary requirements for overseas employment.
Filipinos who are based in Kaohsiung, Taiwan and need to verify their employment contracts can process this at MECO – 9F-2, Grand 50 Tower, No. 80, Min Tzu 1st Road, Kaohsiung, Taiwan.
- How to Book OWWA Appointment in Kaohsiung City, Taiwan
- How to Get OEC: POLO Taiwan Online Appointment
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, you must always wear a face mask and use social distance when visiting the MECO Kaohsiung, Taiwan office. In this article, you’ll learn about the process and guidelines for obtaining an Employment Contract Verification in Kaohsiung, Taiwan.
- How to Process Employment Contract Verification in MECO Kaohsiung
- Important Reminders
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. What is Employment Contract Verification?
- 2. Is it possible to get OEC without a verified contract?
- 3. Can I skip getting employment contract verification?
- 4. Can I go to the MECO Kaohsiung, Taiwan office directly to verify my employment contract?
- 5. What is the MECO Kaohsiung, Taiwan office hour?
- 6. What is MECO Kaohsiung, Taiwan’s address?
- 7. What is the MECO Kaohsiung, Taiwan’s hotline number?
- 8. What is the email address of MECO Kaohsiung, Taiwan?
- Contact Information
- Google Map Location
- Filipino workers that have changed jobs onsite and are registered with POEA.
- Filipinos working in Kaohsiung, Taiwan without a POEA record.
- Filipino nationals who have been authorized for an employment visa by the Immigration Department.
- Change of employer and/or name of employer for the first time in Kaohsiung, Taiwan (for example, from a tourist or from another nation).
- Others on a fixed-term contract (this needs contract verified every renewal).
Note: OFWs who have already had their contracts verified with their present employer do not need to have their renewal contracts verified again. They can just show their old verified contract and their renewed contract when applying for BM, as long as the Employer remains the same.
The qualified OFWs will process the verification of their employment contracts.
- Original Employment Contract (Signed by the worker and the employer)
- Photocopy of worker’s passport that is valid for travel for at least six (6) months
- Photocopy of worker’s valid Work Visa
- Workers recent pay slip
- Contract Verification fee
Note: Requirements are subject to change without prior notice; for questions and clarification, contact the MECO office in Kaohsiung, Taiwan.
How to Process Employment Contract Verification in MECO Kaohsiung
MECO Kaohsiung, Taiwan office requires an appointment before visiting the office. Although there have been instances of other OFWs going directly to the Kaohsiung, Taiwan office, it is strongly advised that you get in touch with them beforehand and find out whether an appointment is necessary.
Check out the procedure below on how to book an appointment and how to process employment contract verification in Kaohsiung, Taiwan.
Step 1: Visit the Manila Economic & Cultural Office’s Facebook page to see the available appointment dates. – Link: https://www.facebook.com/MECO.official
Step 2: Call the MECO-Kaohsiung, Taiwan office to check on the availability of your selected appointment date and to make a reservation – MECO-Kaohsiung, Taiwan office: (886) 7-3985935 and (886) 7-3985936
Step 3: Gather all of the necessary requirements.
Step 4: Before visiting the MECO Kaohsiung, Taiwan office, double-check if your appointment has been scheduled.
Step 5: Go to MECO Kaohsiung, Taiwan on your scheduled appointment day. Show your approved appointment letter, vaccination card and valid ID to the assigned security personnel.
Step 6: The assigned security personnel will check your name to the list of approved appointments for the day. To avoid long lines, bring the complete set of requirements.
Step 7: Get a token number from the assigned personnel.
Step 8: Go to the processing window and submit your documents.
Step 9: Pay for the employment contract verification fees.
- Make sure that the employment contract is dated and signed on all pages by both the employee and the employer.
- All documentation should be submitted in two (2) sets or copies.
- Incomplete document submissions, payments, or other deficiencies, such as missing signatures, will not be accepted.
- If the employer completed the employment contract verification, the employer must give the original processed document to the employed worker or to the Philippine Recruitment Agency, which will then present it to POEA as part of the procedures for the issue of exit clearance.
- All applicants must bring their own pens.
- All applicants are encouraged to arrive at the POLO Kaohsiung, Taiwan office well-dressed. Shorts, transparent clothing, or slippers are not permitted.
- To avoid delays, OFWs should closely comply with all requirements.
- Feel free to call (886) 7-3985935 and (886) 7-3985936 Monday to Friday 8:00am to 4:00pm and 1st and 3rd Sunday of the month 9:30am to 1:30pm (Closed on Taiwanese and Philippines public holidays).
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any further questions regarding “How to Verify Employment Contract in Kaohsiung, Taiwan”, see the list of frequently asked questions and answers below.
1. What is Employment Contract Verification?
Employment Contract Verification verifies that the OFW has a job and an employer, and that the contract conditions match the POEA and host government’s minimum requirements.
2. Is it possible to get OEC without a verified contract?
A verified employment contract is the most important requirement for the issue of an OEC. Only the POLO or the POEA can provide verification services.
3. Can I skip getting employment contract verification?
No, you can’t skip getting your employment contract verification because it’s one of the first steps in getting your OEC.
4. Can I go to the MECO Kaohsiung, Taiwan office directly to verify my employment contract?
No, you cannot go straight to the MECO Kaohsiung, Taiwan. Prior to visiting, the POLO Kaohsiung, Taiwan requires an appointment. You can book your appointment by calling their hotline numbers.
5. What is the MECO Kaohsiung, Taiwan office hour?
The MECO office in Kaohsiung, Taiwan is open from Monday to Thursday 8:00am to 3:30pm and Friday 9:00am to 11:30am (Closed on Taiwanese and Philippines public holidays).
6. What is MECO Kaohsiung, Taiwan’s address?
MECO Kaohsiung, Taiwan’s address is Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO), 9F-2, Grand 50 Tower, No. 80, Min Tzu 1st Road, Kaohsiung, Taiwan.
7. What is the MECO Kaohsiung, Taiwan’s hotline number?
You can reach the MECO Kaohsiung, Taiwan office at (886) 7-3985935 and (886) 7-3985936. You can also send a message to Manila Economic & Cultural Office via messenger.
Facebook Link: https://facebook.com/MECO.official/
8. What is the email address of MECO Kaohsiung, Taiwan?
The email address of MECO Kaohsiung, Taiwan is email@example.com
Verifying your employment contract is important because it guarantees that you, as an OFW, have a legitimate job and employer abroad, as well as that the contract terms meet the POEA and host government’s minimum standards.
Only employment contracts of workers who have not previously been registered with the Administration will be verified by MECO Kaohsiung, Taiwan. From Monday to Friday, OFWs can verify their employment contracts at the MECO office in Kaohsiung, Taiwan.
To avoid any delays in contract verification, you must carefully follow the processes and complete your requirements.
MECO Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Address: Manila Economic & Cultural Office, 9F-2, Grand 50 Tower No. 80, Min Tzu 1st Road Kaohsiung, Taiwan
– Consular/Legal: 07 3985-935
– OWWA: 07 3982-475
– Labor Center: 07 3987-078
Fax Number: (886) 7-3985929
Website: https://www.meco-labor.org.tw/, https://www.meco.org.tw/
Facebook Page: https://facebook.com/MECO.official
Google Map Location
The POLO-OWWA office in Kaohsiung City is managed by MECO as an extension office. Please see the map guide to the location of this office in Kaohsiung: