To all Overseas Filipino Workers who have been repatriated or have returned home to the Philippines for good, another project well-worth looking at is the OFW RISE program. This is a FREE training program that allows OFWs to learn about entrepreneurship. Returning OFWs will learn how to become a businessman/woman and learn the steps to set up a livelihood.
By increasing their business abilities, the program aims to build enabling mechanisms for the economic rehabilitation and reintegration of returning OFWs affected by the epidemic. It plans to train at least 10,000 OFW returnees of all genders and place them in strategic locations such as the airport upon their arrival, quarantine facilities, PITEx/terminals as they return to their hometowns, and their houses.
Most importantly, OFW RISE aims to inspire OFW returnees to explore starting a business as a way to help them move to entrepreneurship as a viable choice for their economic reintegration.
- Meaning of OFW RISE – Re-Integration through Skills and Entrepreneurship Program
- What is the OWWA OFW RISE Program?
- Who is Eligible for OFW RISE Program?
- What does OFW-RISE offer?
- OFW RISE Implementors
- Entrepreneurship Course
- How to Apply for the OFW RISE Program?
- OFW RISE Application Form Online
- Important Things to Know
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. When does the enrollment start?
- 2. Is there a fee for the OFW RISE Program?
- 3. When can I expect to receive my certificate?
- 4. May I participate if I used to be an OFW but have lived in the Philippines for a long time?
- 5. What is the procedure for receiving the kit/Module Guidebook?
- 6. Who is qualified to participate in the OFW RISE Program?
- 7. How can I apply for OFW-RISE Program?
- 8. How long does an entrepreneurship course last?
- Video: Filipina Actress, Dimples Romana, for OFW RISE
- Contact Information
Meaning of OFW RISE – Re-Integration through Skills and Entrepreneurship Program
OFW is Overseas Filipino Worker. RISE stands for Re-integration through Skills and Entrepreneurship. this is a FREE training project and is a public-private cooperation between the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE), Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA), the Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA), the Department of Trade and Industry’s Philippine Trade Training Center (DTI-PTTC), and Coca-Cola Philippines through the National Reintegration Center for OFWs.
What is the OWWA OFW RISE Program?
OFW Re-Integration via Skills and Entrepreneurship (RISE) is a free online training program that gives OFWs, who have returned to the Philippines owing to the pandemic, access to livelihood. Learn how to be an entrepreneur, how to start a business, and how to make money. Again, there is no fee as this is a FREE training program.
Who is Eligible for OFW RISE Program?
In case you are wondering what are the qualifications for you to apply for OFW RISE, this program is for Returning or Repatriated OFWs affected by the COVID pandemic, whether land-based or sea-based.
What does OFW-RISE offer?
Below is a list of training available in this project:
- Business Training
- Business Coaching
- Livelihood Assistance Program Application
OFW RISE Implementors
This OFW RISE project has a number of government and private organizations that have teamed up to create this program. The organizations include the following as well as their functions:
1. OWWA (Overseas Workers Welfare Administration)
OWWA will provide information on returning OFWs as well as the locations of quarantine centers to partner organizations to help with process preparation, participant targeting, and activity schedule.
2. TESDA (Technical Education and Skills Development Authority)
TESDA was tasked with hosting OFW RISE online in all regions and facilitating the issuance of electronic certificates of completion to participants who completed the modules and necessary outputs according to TESDA’s specifications. It will also include information on OFW RISE enrolees, completers, and certifications given to partner agencies.
3. DTI-PTTC (Department of Trade and Industry’s Philippine Trade Training Center)
PTTC will assist local Negosyo Centers of the Department of Trade and Industry in developing an environment for OFW assistance on business start-ups, including their network of business coaching or mentoring, and other business growth assistance.
4. DOLE (Department of Labor and Employment)
Dole recognizes the value of entrepreneurship orientations and trainings in encouraging OFW returnees to start their own businesses. Dole wants to help their fruitful reintegration by assisting them in establishing a business here and allowing them to be with their families.
5. Coca-Cola Philippines
Coca-Cola Philippines will lead the creation and delivery of webinars for program facilitators and business trainers, as well as provide funding for the printing of initial sets of training handbooks to be distributed to target OFW returnees. It will also form partnerships with a number of microfinance institutions to assist OFWs in obtaining credit to carry out their business plans.
The four-hour entrepreneurship course will be delivered in an edutainment format that OFWs can access through their mobile devices while in quarantine or when they return to their home base.
How to Apply for the OFW RISE Program?
Below are the steps for OFWs to apply for this program. Please be guided accordingly:
- Log in to your Facebook account. Type or copy this link in your browser – https://cokeurl.com/ofwrise
- Watch the 42 seconds video.
- Once done watching the video, click the Join the Program button.
- To accept data privacy, click the “I agree button”.
- Fill up all needed personal information in the OFW RISE application form.
- Wait for your form to be approved.
OFW RISE Application Form Online
The application form for the OFW RISE can be located by visiting this URL – https://cokeurl.com/ofwrise
Below is a screenshot to give you an idea of what information you will need to enter in the said application form online:
Important Things to Know
Here are some important tips and things to know about this project:
- This assistance is provided to OFWs within the duration of their contract.
- For the purpose of tracking the status of the application, the applicant will receive a serial reference/tracking number via SMS or email.
- Claim your kit from the OWWA House Parent at the hotel or the OWWA Reintegration Officers at your province’s Regional Welfare Offices.
- You can check this link for further information: Facebook.com/OFWRise
- This partnership is yet another milestone in the public and private sectors’ bayanihan efforts to support OFWs RISE to OFW HEROES in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are the following questions and answers about the OFW RISE project:
1. When does the enrollment start?
Enrolment begins on December 14, 2020.
2. Is there a fee for the OFW RISE Program?
NO. OFW RISE is a free training program.
3. When can I expect to receive my certificate?
When you’ve finished all of the videos and submitted your Business Model Canvas online, your certificate will be available on the OFW RISE website.
4. May I participate if I used to be an OFW but have lived in the Philippines for a long time?
Yes, but there’s no guarantee that you’ll be able to get OWWA livelihood assistance.
5. What is the procedure for receiving the kit/Module Guidebook?
Claim your kit from the OWWA House Parent at the hotel or the OWWA Reintegration Officers at your province’s Regional Welfare Offices.
6. Who is qualified to participate in the OFW RISE Program?
Returning/repatriated OFWs affected by the COVID pandemic, whether land-based or sea-based.
7. How can I apply for OFW-RISE Program?
Type or copy this link in your browser and fill up all the needed information – https://cokeurl.com/ofwrise
8. How long does an entrepreneurship course last?
The entrepreneurship course lasts for four hours.
Video: Filipina Actress, Dimples Romana, for OFW RISE
Check out these videos where Filipina actress, Dimples Romana, acts as the host and spokesperson for the Coca-Cola OFW RISE program. She is the one hosting the training session and also interviews different OFWs about their lives and how this RISE program has helped them in their journey home to the Philippines.
The best place to find out more information on update and news about OFW RISE is through their Facebook Page where they post stories of other OFWs who have benefitted from this program. You may visit – Facebook.com/OFWRise
It is good that this program has been implemented because so many Pinoys have been severely affected by the pandemic. Many have lost their jobs these types of projects by different entities help our modern-day heroes earn a living so they don’t have to go back and look for work abroad. We hope OFWs will take advantage of this program.