UPDATE: Filipino residents who are based in Al Khobar and the Eastern Region of Saudi Arabia, the actual POLO-Eastern Regional Operations (ERO) office location is now closed. The notice in their office mentions that you can go to POLO-Riyadh for inquiries. However, there are some OWWA services you can avail of as POLO-ERO conducts special “Embassy on Wheels” services wherein they post announcements on their POLO-ERO Facebook Page. So please make sure you follow their FB page.
- For those based in Jeddah, please check this article for OWWA appointment and renewal at POLO-Jeddah – How to Book OWWA Appointment in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
- For those based in Riyadh, please check this article for OWWA appointment and renewal at POLO-Riyadh- How to Book OWWA Appointment in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) should be aware of the significance of their membership in the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA). Before your OWWA membership expires and becomes invalid, it’s important to renew it. You will get many benefits and this is your form of insurance as an overseas worker.
An appointment system allows the client to schedule their request ahead of time. This has a significant influence on the client experience because it reduces wait times upon arrival and protects clients and staff from current health challenges. Also, it is mandatory for residents to get an OWWA appointment as they will not entertain you if you do not have a confirmed schedule.
- Amount of Contribution
- Membership Validity
- Membership/Renewal Requirements
- Guidelines about the POLO-ERO Office
- POLO-Eastern Regional Operations Saudi Embassy on Wheels Services
- How to Schedule OWWA Appointment in POLO-ERO (Al Khobar)
- How to Pay OWWA Membership in POLO-ERO
- Important Reminders at the POLO-ERO Office
- Video: OWWA Membership Renewal in POLO-Eastern Region
- Advisory of POLO-ERO Office Operations
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. Can I directly go to the OWWA-Eastern Region Office in Al Khobar?
- 3. How much does the OWWA membership fee cost?
- 4. Is there anything more I need to pay at the Philippine Embassy in Riyadh?
- 5. What if I don’t have time to visit the Philippine Embassy in Riyadh?
- Contact Information
- Google Map Location
Amount of Contribution
Ninety-four Saudi Riyals will be paid as OWWA membership dues (SAR 94).
For each contribution, membership is valid for two (2) years, regardless of contract term, change of employer, jobsite, or recruitment agency. Following that, if proof of active work is shown, OWWA membership must be renewed.
Here’s a list of OWWA membership requirements in POLO-ERO:
- Certificate of Employment/Contract Verification (2 copies)
- OFW must produce a certificate from the company / employer verifying that they are not on the list of employees due for termination/ termination/ cancelled/ resigned.
- Original Passport
- OWWA Membership Form / OFW Information Sheet
- Membership Fee (SAR 94)
- Bring Tawakkalna (No Tawakkalna, No Entry)
Guidelines about the POLO-ERO Office
Here are some important tips and reminders during the appointment or appearance date:
- The POLO-ERO office in Al Khobar has already closed. The original Al Khobar office is no longer operational. The new location of the POLO-ERO office is in the same location as POLO-Riyadh.
- Embassy on Wheels operations takes place on a regular basis. These are services provided by the POLO office in order to connect with Filipinos in the area.
- POLO-ERO conducts these OWWA services and the schedules for the processing of these documents are updated when you follow their FB Page. The dates, location and timings vary so please stay updated when they post announcements.
- Driving from Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia to Riyadh, Saudi Arabia via Route 40 takes about 4 hours and 5 minutes (425.4 kilometers) so the Embassy on Wheels is a necessary project in order to reach out easily to Filipinos in the Eastern Region of Saudi.
POLO-Eastern Regional Operations Saudi Embassy on Wheels Services
During Embassy on Wheels, the POLO-ERO usually provides the following services:
- OWWA Membership Renewal
- Cases involving labor and welfare
- Individual contract verification for Balik-Manggagawa (Returning Worker) and Transferred Workers, both domestic and professional workers.
- Job Order Submission for Saudi Recruiting Agencies and Companies (Note: POLO-ERO will process JO and Accreditation of new principals)
How to Schedule OWWA Appointment in POLO-ERO (Al Khobar)
Based on the announcement from POLO-ERO, it is still important to book an appointment schedule whenever there are Embassy on Wheels services in the area. Here are the steps.
Step 1: Visit the appointment website of POLO-ERO at https://appointment.owwa.gov.ph/
Step 2: Choose the Site and Program – Site is ‘Al Khobar’. Program is ‘OWWA’
Step 3: Choose the Date of Appointment
Step 4: Enter your Personal Information
Step 5: Confirm the Appointment.
How to Pay OWWA Membership in POLO-ERO
After you have made your appointment, the membership payment renewal is done during the “Embassy on Wheels” operations where the POLO-ERO office will post updates on their FB page on the available dates that they will conduct OWWA services in the Eastern Region of Saudi. Please be guided on the steps below on the process during your scheduled appearance.
- Make sure to stay updated with the postings from the POLO-ERO Facebook Page – https://www.facebook.com/POLO-Eastern-Region-Operations-KSA-107568820576350
- Bring the necessary documents (especially the confirmed booking and your Tawakkalna)
- Pay the OWWA fee and get your receipt.
Important Reminders at the POLO-ERO Office
Here are some important tips and reminders during the appointment or appearance date:
- Filipinos who visit the POLO-Riyadh office are responsible for maintaining the Embassy’s safety and order at all times and must wear face masks at all times.
- Use your appointment only for the service you requested. The embassy will refuse service to anyone who violates this policy.
- Please double-check that your requirements are exact and complete. Requirements that aren’t completed will be ignored.
- On the same day as the application, the OWWA membership receipt is issued.
- For DSWD, SSS, and PAGIBIG appointments, please contact the relevant agencies directly via their e-mail addresses or contact details.
- See the latest post from the Riyadh Embassy and POLO-ERO for further information.
- Contract verification for Balik Manggagawa, Submission of Job Orders (For Saudi Recruitment Agencies and Companies), Labor and Welfare Cases are some of the services being conducted at the Embassy on Wheels.
Video: OWWA Membership Renewal in POLO-Eastern Region
You can watch “Alexander the Explorer” to learn more about the latest update from the POLO-ERO office being closed. There are Embassy on Wheels services by the Philippine Embassy in Saudi where staff will have a temporary office from time to time. But the POLO-ERO office is now housed under the POLO-Riyadh office:
Here’s another video by “Inday Uday” explaining the steps on what you need to do in case you are going to the POLO-ERO. It is no longer in the SAS Express office anymore. Please be advised on this!
Advisory of POLO-ERO Office Operations
Please check out this advisory last November 2019 on the operations of the POLO-ERO office and the reason why it was closed. Based on the Advisory, the closure of operations was due to the firm advice of the Saudi Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA).
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some common questions and answers about the POLO-ERO office and the process of renewal of your OWWA membership:
1. Can I directly go to the OWWA-Eastern Region Office in Al Khobar?
No, the POLO-ERO office in Al Khobar has already shut down. The original Al Khobar office is no longer operational. The OWWA renewal is now handled by the POLO-Riyadh office.
2. Is it possible for me to go straight to the OWWA-Riyadh office?
No, you must first make an appointment with the OWWA-Riyadh office.
3. How much does the OWWA membership fee cost?
The OWWA membership contribution shall be Ninety-Four Saudi Riyal (94 SR).
4. Is there anything more I need to pay at the Philippine Embassy in Riyadh?
You have the option of paying your SSS and PAG-IBIG contribution but you need to book an appointment via their email.
5. What if I don’t have time to visit the Philippine Embassy in Riyadh?
The POLO-ERO office is the one that handles that OWWA inquiries and services in the Eastern Region. The main office is now transferred to the PH Embassy in Riyadh. But they PH government officers are still conducting outreach services called “Embassy on Wheels” so it is advised that you take advantage and stay updated from POLO-ERO about the available schedules so you don’t have to travel to the PH Embassy in Riyadh for these regular OWWA services.
POLO-OWWA Eastern Regional Operations (Al Khobar), Saudi Arabia
Main Address: 6237, Alkurnaish, Al Khobar 34414, Saudi Arabia
OWWA Al Khobar Hotline: +966 54 566 4964
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/POLO-Eastern-Region-Operations-KSA-107568820576350/
Google Map Location
Below is a map guide to the location of the POLO-ERO office in Al Khobar.
This POLO-ERO office handles the operations for residents in the provinces in the Eastern Region of Saudi.
Take note that POLO-ERO office is no longer operating. If you go to this office, there is a sign that says that POLO-ERO is permanently CLOSED. All POLO-OWWA concerns in the Eastern region are handled by the POLO-Riyadh office. Please be advised on this update!