The OFW Information Sheet is the OWWA membership form that OFWs need to fill out when they renew their OWWA membership. This OWWA application form is one of the requirements in order to keep the OWWA account active. Here we discuss the details on what you can expect from the OFW info sheet, data you need to fill out, and you need to know about this document, and how to download the OFW information sheet.
If you are working abroad, or if you are planning to be an overseas Filipino worker (OFW), then most likely you’ve heard of the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA). This is an agency that promotes and protects the welfare of OFWs and their families. It provides social support, financial assistance, and legal assistance, among other services.
Of course, in order to avail of these benefits and services, you need to be a duly registered member of OWWA. This involved applying and filling up a membership form as the first step. In this article, we will talk all about the OWWA OFW Information Sheet.
- What is the OWWA Information Sheet for OFWs?
- What are the Requirements to be an OWWA Member?
- Purpose of OFW Information Sheet – OWWA Application Form
- What Information Should the OFWs Provide?
- Where to Download the OFW Information Sheet Online?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Contact Information
What is the OWWA Information Sheet for OFWs?
The OFW Information Sheet is a document that you need to fill up when applying for membership with OWWA. It includes your personal information, employment contract details, and beneficiary details.
Application is usually done at the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) office upon processing your contract. It may also be done through OWWA’s on-site membership program if you are already based overseas.
What are the Requirements to be an OWWA Member?
To become a member of OWWA, you need to meet certain qualifications, as follows:
- You are of legal age and gainfully employed (for first-time applicants);
- Your OWWA membership has expired and is due for renewal (for continuing members);
- You are a valid resident or permanent resident abroad, but your citizenship is Filipino; or
- You did not have the proper documentation from POEA upon departure, but you were eventually hired for work abroad.
Aside from the above qualifications, you also need to prepare the following documents:
- Accomplished OWWA Information Sheet;
- Proof of employment abroad (e.g. job contract); and
- Photocopy of passport, including photo and personal information.
Purpose of OFW Information Sheet – OWWA Application Form
Whether you are a first-time applicant or an overseas Filipino renewing your membership with OWWA, you need to accomplish the OFW Information Sheet as part of the application process.
Without it, you would not be able to become an OWWA member, and thus be ineligible for the agency’s programs and services.
What Information Should the OFWs Provide?
The OFW Information Sheet includes personal data, contract details, and beneficiary details that you’ll need to provide:
- Personal Data. This part includes your full name, complete address (in the Philippines), contact number, email address, and passport number. You’ll also need to enter your date of birth, gender, civil status, highest educational attainment, and course.
- Contract Details. This portion includes the name of your company/employer, work address, telephone number, and job site/country. It should also contain your position, monthly salary/currency, contract duration, and name of the agency (if applicable).
- Beneficiary Details. This part is basically a list of your dependents or legal beneficiaries. For each dependent, you need to provide the person’s name, date of birth, contact number, email address, and of course, his/her relationship to you.
Keep in mind that you must provide the above details as completely and as truthfully as you can, especially since the form will serve as your official record with OWWA and POEA.
Where to Download the OFW Information Sheet Online?
You can get a copy of the OFW Information Sheet through the OWWA website itself. Just visit this link to download a copy: https://owwa.gov.ph/images/downloads/OWWA-OFW-INFORMATION-SHEET.pdf
Please see a sample of the OWWA Information sheet for OFWs below:
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some commonly asked questions (and answers) about the OFW Information Sheet:
1. Where to get a copy of the OFW Information Sheet?
You can get a copy of the OFW Information Sheet at the nearest OWWA office. Likewise, you can also download a copy at https://owwa.gov.ph/images/downloads/OWWA-OFW-INFORMATION-SHEET.pdf.
2. How much is the OFW Information Sheet?
The answer to this question is… zero, nothing! The OFW Information Sheet is absolutely free of charge. Of course, keep in mind that there is a membership fee of USD 25 (PHP 1,265) for first-time applicants or renewing members. This is the only thing that you’ll be paying for.
3. I need to renew my OWWA membership. Where should I go?
To renew your membership with OWWA, simply go to the nearest OWWA office in your province (if you’re in the Philippines), or to the nearest POLO-OWWA office (if you’re abroad). Another option is to apply online through the OWWA website and have your family member in the Philippines pay the fee at select payment centers, on your behalf.
4. What are the requirements for OWWA membership/renewal?
As mentioned earlier, you need to prepare the following documents when applying for OWWA membership or renewal: (a) duly accomplished OFW Information Sheet; (b) proof of employment (e.g. job contract, company ID, work permit, etc.); and (c) photocopy of passport, with photo and personal information.
As a reminder, be sure to inquire with the OWWA office if you need to set an appointment before coming to submit your application.
5. Who is NOT qualified for OWWA membership?
You are not qualified to apply for OWWA membership if you are: (a) for termination; (b) terminated; (c) for cancellation; (d) cancelled; (e) resigned; or (f) no work, no pay. In any case, be sure to ask the OWWA office for confirmation and clarification.
The OFW Information Sheet serves as an official record and is an essential part of being an OWWA member. The membership fee is only USD 25 every two years; a truly affordable amount, considering the many benefits and services that you can avail of as a member.
For example, if your job abroad has been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, you can apply for the DOLE-AKAP cash assistance, which amounts to PHP 10,000 per member. The agency has many other programs that can surely help you and your family in the Philippines!
For any questions and concerns, you may contact the nearest OWWA office in your province, or POLO-OWWA office if you’re abroad. You can also get in touch with the OWWA Main Office in the Philippines, through the following details:
OWWA Main Office
Address: OWWA Center, F.B. Harrison corner 7th Street, Pasay City 1300, Philippines
Telephone: +63 2 8891 7601 to 24 / 551 6641 and 551 1560 (24/7 hotlines)