Overseas Filipino workers who are based in the Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR) can visit the OWWA CAR office located in Baguio City. This regional welfare office allows Filipinos in the city to inquire about OWWA services and programs. Please follow the guidelines below about the appointment and renewal process of your membership.
The Overseas Workers Welfare Association (OWWA) is a non-profit organization dedicated to protecting and promoting the welfare of overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) and their families both domestically and overseas. It protects the rights of OFWs wherever they are in the world and keeps track of kababayans working in various parts of the world. If you are a citizen of Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR) who wishes to work in another country or has already done so, you will need to get the necessary documents to confirm your eligibility.
OWWA payments, which include emergency welfare benefits, are available to OFWs. The membership fee for the OWWA will be equivalent to $25.00 USD, and it must be renewed every two years.
- Amount of Contribution
- Membership Validity
- OWWA Requirements
- How to Schedule an Appointment in Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR) Baguio
- How to Pay OWWA Membership at OWWA Baguio Office
- Important Reminders
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. Can I directly go to the OWWA-CAR, Philippines Office?
- 2. What is the location of OWWA CAR, Philippines?
- 3. What are the benefits of becoming an OWWA member?
- 4. How much does the OWWA membership fee cost?
- 5. How long will it take for the OWWA membership to be processed?
- 6. When should I renew my membership with the OWWA?
- 7. What is the OWWA-CAR, Philipines Hotline?
- 8. Who should I contact if I have any additional questions?
- 9. What is the e-mail address for OWWA-CAR, Philippines?
- 10. What are the office hours for OWWA-CAR, Philippines?
- Contact Information
- Google Map Location
Amount of Contribution
The OWWA membership contribution shall be equivalent to Twenty-Five US Dollars (US$25.00).
For each contribution, membership is valid for two (2) years, regardless of contract term, change of employer, jobsite, or recruitment agency. Then, if proof of active labor is provided, OWWA membership must be renewed.
- Completed OWWA OFW Information Sheet
- OWWA membership fee
- A copy of the passport page with the photo and personal data
- A copy of a VALID employment contract
- A copy of your current work permit and visa
- A copy of the employment contract, or certificate of employment or payslip
How to Schedule an Appointment in Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR) Baguio
Step 1: Email them your full name, address, phone number, and the service you’re considering in.
Step 2: Before visiting the OWWA-CAR, Philippines office, wait for their confirmation of your appointment.
How to Pay OWWA Membership at OWWA Baguio Office
In the event that you are allowed entry to the OWWA Baguio satellite office, you may pay your OWWA membership there. Please follow the steps to renew it in the Baguio OWWA office.
Step 1: Ask the guard where the OWWA counter is located, then wait in line or get a number as you enter.
Step 2: Take your completed documents to the OWWA counter.
Step 3: Pay the OWWA membership fee.
Here are some important guidelines and reminders about the OWWA renewal process.
- Please double-check that your requirements are accurate and full.
- Requirements that are not full will not be handled.
- Bring your own ballpen.
- Always wear your face mask.
- For more information, see their Facebook page and Website.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some common questions and answers people ask about OWWA CAR Baguio
1. Can I directly go to the OWWA-CAR, Philippines Office?
Yes, you can go straight to the OWWA office in CAR, Philippines, but remember to wear your facemask and practice social distancing due the pandemic.
2. What is the location of OWWA CAR, Philippines?
2nd Flr. Gestdan Centrum Building, 80 Bokawkan Road, Corner P. Burgos St, Baguio City 2600
3. What are the benefits of becoming an OWWA member?
Members of the OWWA are eligible for a variety of social benefits, as well as education and training, repatriation, and reintegration services. They also get access to special programs.
4. How much does the OWWA membership fee cost?
The OWWA membership contribution shall be equivalent to Twenty-Five US Dollars (US$25).
5. How long will it take for the OWWA membership to be processed?
If all documentary requirements are met, OWWA membership can be picked up the same day.
6. When should I renew my membership with the OWWA?
Each contribution has a two-year validity period, regardless of contract length, change of employer, jobsite, or recruitment agency. Following that, OWWA membership must be renewed if proof of active employment is presented.
7. What is the OWWA-CAR, Philipines Hotline?
You can reach OWWA-CAR, Philippines’ hotline at 09175001294 / 09173201091 / 09999949296 / 09175440786
8. Who should I contact if I have any additional questions?
You can reach the OWWA-CAR, Philippines office, by sending a message, dialing 422-1809, or sending a message through their Facebook page.
9. What is the e-mail address for OWWA-CAR, Philippines?
The e-mail address for OWWA-CAR, Philippines is email@example.com.
10. What are the office hours for OWWA-CAR, Philippines?
The OWWA-CAR, Philippines office is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
While this is the process of going to the OWWA Baguio office to renew your OWWA account, you do not need to go there if not necessary. You can simply renew your OWWA membership account online or go through the OWWA Mobile app to activate your membership.
OWWA Baguio Office – CAR Region
Main Address: 2nd Flr. Gestdan Centrum Building, 80 Bokawkan Road, Corner P. Burgos St, Baguio City 2600
Telephone Number/s: 09175001294, 09173201091, 09999949296, 09175440786
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/owwa.car
Google Map Location
Please see a map guide of the OWWA Baguio-Benguet CAR region office location for your reference below. The Office is at the 2nd floor of Gestdan Centrum Building: