To all overseas Filipino workers who are working in Oman, it is strongly advised to renew your OWWA membership in order for you to take advantage of the many benefits and projects offered by OWWA for its members. The cost to keep your OWWA active is only 10 Omani Rials and you are covered for 2 years. Also, should you need help in times of crisis, there are financial programs available for you to benefit from. Here we share details on what are the requirements and steps to renew your OWWA account at the Philippine Overseas Labor Office located in Muscat.
The Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) is a membership organization and an affiliated agency of the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE). Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) and their dependents are protected and supported.
Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) who are members of OWWA should understand the importance of their membership. It’s important to renew your OWWA membership before it expires and becomes invalid. It not only assists you in obtaining OWWA benefits, but it also ensures your safety as an OFW in the event that you require assistance.
With the health situation going on, it’s important to maintain social distance when going to OWWA-Oman Office and always wear your face mask to keep you and others safe.
- Amount of Contribution
- Membership Validity
- POLO-OWWA Oman Membership/Renewal Requirements
- Steps to Renew OWWA Membership in POLO-Oman
- How to Book OWWA Appointment at POLO Oman
- Important Reminders at POLO-OWWA Oman Office
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Video: Renewing Your OWWA Online via Mobile App
- Video: POLO-Oman Location
- Contact Information
- Google Map Location
Amount of Contribution
The OWWA membership contribution shall be Ten Omani Rial (10 OMR).
Membership is valid for two (2) years for each contribution, regardless of contract length, change of employer, job site, or recruitment agency. Following that, OWWA membership must be renewed if proof of active employment is presented.
POLO-OWWA Oman Membership/Renewal Requirements
Please be guided on the documents and information that you need to renew your OWWA account:
- OWWA Membership Form / OFW Information Sheet
- Original Passport
- Certificate of Employment/Contract Verification (2 copies)
- OFW must produce a certificate from the company / employer verifying that they are not on the list of employees due for termination/ termination/ cancelled/ resigned.
- Membership Fee (ranging from Php1,000- Php1,500 or 10 OMR)
Steps to Renew OWWA Membership in POLO-Oman
Here are the steps in order for you to renew your OWWA in POLO-OWWA Oman:
Step 1: To download the OWWA membership form, go to http://polomuscatoman.weebly.com/owwa-membership-info.html and scroll down to the bottom for the OFW Information Sheet.
Step 2: After downloading the PDF file of the membership form, print it.
Step 3: Complete the first section of the membership application.
- OR Number
- OR Date
Step 4: Fill up all the required information in the “Personal Data” portion.
- Last Name
- First Name
- Middle Name
- Philippine Address
- Contact Number
- Highest Educational Attainment
Step 5: Fill in the “Contract Particulars” section after completing the “Personal Data” portion.
- Name of the Company/Employer
- Telephone Number
- Monthly Salary/Currency
- Contract Duration
- Name of Agency (if applicable)
Step 6: After completing the “Contract Particulars” proceed to “Legal Beneficiaries/Qualified Dependents” portion.
- Date of Birth
- Contact No./Email Address
Step 6: After you’ve filled out all of the required information, sign below to attest that what you’ve written is accurate and right.
Step 7: When you visit the OWWA-Oman office, bring two copies of your OWWA Membership form.
How to Book OWWA Appointment at POLO Oman
Based on the POLO Oman website, there is no online appointment booking for the OWWA membership renewal. It means that the only option to pay for the membership is to walk in at the office and wait in line for your turn. There is an appointment booking for Balik Manggagawa and an application for OEC which requires the OWWA membership.
However, stay tuned for the announcement from the Philippine Embassy in case there are updates or changes in the system. But for now, you can just go straight to the POLO-OWWA office to register for your OWWA membership.
Image: POLO Muscat FB Page
Important Reminders at POLO-OWWA Oman Office
Please check out some important things to know when you visit the POLO-OWWA Oman office at the Philippine Embassy in Muscat:
- Face masks must be worn at all times, and individuals must maintain a two-meter physical distance from one another.
- You are responsible for maintaining the Embassy’s safety and order at all times.
- Please double-check that your requirements are accurate and full. Requirements that are not full will not be handled.
- The OWWA membership receipt is issued on the same day as the application.
- For more information, see the POLO-Muscat FB page – https://www.facebook.com/POLOmuscat
Frequently Asked Questions
Please do follow these important guidelines and reminders when you visit the POLO-Muscat office when you renew your membership:
1. Can I directly go to the OWWA-Oman Office?
Yes, you can go straight to the OWWA-Oman Office. Currently, you may book an OWWA appointment by going to the BMOnline (Balik Manggagawa Online) process. When you process the BM online, you can also set an appointment there.
2. How much does the OWWA membership fee cost?
The OWWA membership contribution shall be Ten Omani Rial (10 OMR).
3. What other fees do I pay if I renew my OWWA membership?
Be advised that you may pay other fees depending on your employment status. You may need to pay for Contract Verification by POLO a fee of 4 OMR, 1 OMR for processing of OEC.
4. What other services can I avail myself at the PH Embassy in Muscat office?
As you are already in the Philippine Overseas Labor Office in Muscat for your OWWA renewal, it is good to also inquire about other services and benefits you can ask if you need assistance. You may also inquire about SSS and Pag-IBIG to maximize your visit to the PH Embassy.
5. What are the office hours of POLO-OWWA Oman?
The POLO-OWWA Oman office is open from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., Sunday through Thursday.
Video: Renewing Your OWWA Online via Mobile App
Here’s a video tutorial on how you can renew your membership via OWWA Mobile App as shared by a Filipino expat based in Oman. It is really much better to process the membership online for more convenience. Please be guided below:
Video: POLO-Oman Location
Here is another video below which showcases a Filipino sharing the office location of the Philippine Embassy where the POLO-OWWA office is also located:
POLO-OWWA Muscat, Oman
Main Address: House No. 1045, Way No. 3015, Kharijiyah Street , Al Shatti Qurum, Muscat, Sultanate of Oman
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
OWWA Oman Hotline: (+968) 7990 5211
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/POLOmuscat
Google Map Location
Below is a map guide to the location of the Muscat POLO-OWWA office in Oman. The POLO office is located just beside the Philippine Embassy in Muscat.