Filipinos who need to process contract verification in Bahrain are those who have changed employers or those who are not yet registered in the POEA agency. It is important to verify your contract so that you are registered in the Philippine system that you work for an employer legally. Hence, you will also get the benefits of being an OFW.
– How to Renew OWWA Membership in Manama, Bahrain
– How to Get OEC: POLO-Bahrain Online Appointment
You might be wondering why you need to confirm your employment contract if you’re an OFW in Bahrain. There are numerous benefits. To begin, you must first become a verified OFW and an automatic member of OWWA. Contract verification is also required to obtain an OEC. Furthermore, if you are a member of the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) of the Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO), your name is already on the OFW list. They will see that you are a registered OFW and provide the required assistance if problems arise.
Due to the current health crisis, you must always wear a face mask and use social distance when visiting the POLO Bahrain office. In this article, you’ll learn about the process and guidelines for obtaining an Employment Contract Verification in Bahrain.
- How to Process Contract Verification in Manama, Bahrain
- Step 6: Pay the BD 4.00 verification fee and wait for your verified contract to be releasedProcedural Guidance
- Video: What is Contract Verification and Why is it Important for OFWs?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. What is Employment Contract Verification?
- 2. Is it possible to get OEC without a verified contract?
- 3. How long does contract verification take?
- 4. Can I skip getting employment contract verification?
- 5. Can I go to the POLO Bahrain office directly to verify my employment contract?
- 6. What is the POLO Bahrain office hour?
- 7. What is the POLO Bahrain hotline number?
- 8. What is the email address of POLO Bahrain?
- 9. How much does it cost to process employment contract verification?
- Contact Information
- Google Map Location
- Filipino workers that have changed jobs onsite and are registered with POEA.
- Filipinos working in Bahrain without a POEA record.
- Filipino nationals who have been authorized for an employment visa by the Immigration Department.
- Change of employer and/or name of employer for the first time in the Bahrain (for example, from a tourist or from another nation).
- Household service workers (HSWs) (contract verification is every 2-year renewal for Kuwait citizen sponsor and every year for foreign national sponsor).
- Others on a fixed-term contract (this needs contract verified every renewal).
- One copy of 2-way Airline ticket
- One copy of Affidavit of Undertaking for Drivers
- One copy of Certificate of Employment (COE) (to be printed in company letterhead with company stamp and signed by employer/authorized signatory)
- One copy of letter from the employer attesting to the transfer of jobsite of the worker (if returning to same employer but changed jobsite)
- One copy of Commercial Registration (CR)
- One copy of Contingency Plan (to be printed in company letterhead with company stamp and signed by employer/authorized signatory
- One copy of CPR of Employee
- One copy of CPR of employer/Authorized Signatory of the Company in the COE & EC
- One copy of Passport (valid for at least 6 months from time of departure from the Philippines)
- One copy of sworn statement of the worker providing explanation on how he/she was hired by her current employer (visit visa to working visa & local transfer)
- One copy of valid visa/Residence Permit (RP)
- Two copies of original valid Employment Contract (EC) (sponsor to sign and stamp Company logo on every page of the contract)
Link for Employment Contract, Contingency Plan, Sworn Statement, and Affidavit of Undertaking: https://manamape.dfa.gov.ph/images/OEC_Requirements_as_of_April_2019.pdf
POLO Bahrain will only verify Employment Contracts that meet the following minimum labor standards:
- Accidental life insurance for individuals
- Benefits and eligibility to sick leave
- Clearly defined grounds/causes for terminating the contract or the worker’s services
- Free food, lodging, and transportation, as well as compensation allowances
- Free medical and dental care in an emergency
- Free return flight or an equivalent amount if the worker does not take advantage of the offer
- Manner of settlement of disputes
- Overtime pay is earned for services performed beyond the standard 8-hour workday or 48-hour workweek, as well as labor on rest days and holidays
- Repatriation of human remains and personal items at the employer’s expense in the event of a worker’s death
- The jobsite is restricted to Bahrain only
- The basic monthly wage must be at least BD 150, with a certain payment schedule and method
- The contract should have clear start and end dates
- Vacation leave of thirty (30) days per year of service
- Work a maximum of 48 hours per week and take one day off every week
How to Process Contract Verification in Manama, Bahrain
The contract verification process in Bahrain is done at the POLO office. Please be guided on the steps below on the procedure for verifying your labour contract:
Step 1: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your preferred date and time for your Employment Contract Verification Appointment.
Step 2: Wait for your appointment date to be confirmed.
Step 3: On your appointment date, go to POLO Bahrain. Show to the assigned security personnel a screenshot of the approved appointment, your original valid passport, and your ID.
Step 4: The assigned security personnel will check your name to the list of approved appointments for the day. To avoid long lines, bring the complete set of requirements.
Step 5: Get a token number from the assigned personnel and proceed to the receiving counter for document evaluation.
Step 6: Pay the BD 4.00 verification fee and wait for your verified contract to be releasedProcedural Guidance
- To avoid any delays, bring all required documents in a COMPLETE set.
- Feel free to call +973 17740951 / (24/7) – 38072476 Sundays to Thursdays from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. for an urgent appointment on contract verification.
Video: What is Contract Verification and Why is it Important for OFWs?
Check out this video clip which features an explanation about the importance of contract verification especially for those who are planning to go home to the Philippines for a vacation:
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any further questions regarding “How to Verify Employment Contract in Bahrain”, see the list of frequently asked questions and answers below.
1. What is Employment Contract Verification?
Employment Contract Verification verifies that the OFW has a job and an employer, and that the contract conditions match the POEA and host government’s minimum requirements.
2. Is it possible to get OEC without a verified contract?
A verified employment contract is the most important requirement for the issue of an OEC. Only the POLO or the POEA can provide verification services.
3. How long does contract verification take?
When you pay the verification fee, you can get your contract verification the same day.
4. Can I skip getting employment contract verification?
No, you can’t skip getting your employment contract verification because it’s one of the first steps in getting your OEC.
5. Can I go to the POLO Bahrain office directly to verify my employment contract?
Yes, you can go directly inside the POLO Bahrain office. However, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, it is important to schedule an appointment.
6. What is the POLO Bahrain office hour?
The POLO office in Bahrain is open Sundays to Thursdays from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
7. What is the POLO Bahrain hotline number?
You can reach the POLO Bahrain office at +973 17740951 / (24/7) – 38072476. You may also send a message to the POLO Bahrain office via messenger.
8. What is the email address of POLO Bahrain?
The email address of POLO Bahrain is email@example.com
9. How much does it cost to process employment contract verification?
The processing fee for employment contract verification is BD 4.00.
Before an OEC may be given in POLO Bahrain, the POEA must verify an OFW’s employment contract. The OFW must make an appointment before visiting the POLO Bahrain office to verify the employment contract.
Everything you need to know about Employment Contract Verification can be found on the POLO Bahrain website. To receive all of the benefits associated with being an OFW, you must carefully follow the procedures.
As you go through the process, I hope you find this article helpful.
These pieces of information can help you to reach out to POLO Bahrain. You can contact or email them or go to their physical office at:
Address: Villa 939 Road 3220, Blk 332, Mahooz Area, PO Box 26681 Kingdom of Bahrain
Telephone: +973 17740951
Fax: +973 17740829
Hotline (Duty Officer) (24/7): 38072476
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/PHLinBahrain/
Google Map Location
If you need help with the directions when going to the Philippine Embassy in Bahrain, you can use the map below: