Overseas Filipino workers who are based in Bacolod can visit the OWWA satellite office located at the Old City Hall in Luzuriaga Street. This satellite office is a field office of the main OWWA Regional Welfare Office 6 in Iloilo and it allows Filipinos in the city to inquire about OWWA services and programs.
Please make sure that you set up an appointment in the event that walk-ins are not allowed. This article will guide you in the process of inquiring about benefits as well as the contact location of the OWWA Bacolod office, contact hotline numbers, the process of booking an appointment, and the process of renewing your OWWA membership.
Note: OWWA Region 6 covers Western Visayas and the following provinces in this region – Aklan, Antique, Negros Occidental, Capiz, Guimaras, and Iloilo.
The Overseas Workers Welfare Association (OWWA) aims to protect and promote the welfare of overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) and their families both domestically and overseas. It protects OFWs’ rights wherever they are in the world and keeps track of kababayans working in different regions of the globe. If you are a Bacolod (Region 6) citizen who desires to work in another country or has already done so, you will need to get certain documentation to prove your right to do so.
OWWA payments, which include emergency welfare benefits, are available to OFWs. The membership fee for the OWWA will be equivalent to $25.00 USD, and it must be renewed every two years.
- Amount of Contribution
- Membership Validity
- OWWA Requirements
- How to Schedule OWWA Appointment in Bacolod (Region 6 Satellite Office)
- How to Renew OWWA Membership in Region 6 Bacolod Satellite Office
- Important Reminders
- Video: Filipina Shares Experience How to Get to OWWA Bacolod Office
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. What are the benefits of becoming an OWWA member?
- 2. How much does the OWWA membership fee cost?
- 3. How long will it take for the OWWA membership to be processed?
- 4. When should I renew my membership with the OWWA?
- 5. What is the location of OWWA Bacolod, Philippines?
- 6. Can I directly go to the OWWA-Bacolod, Philippines Office?
- 7. What is the OWWA-Bacolod, Philipines Hotline?
- 8. Who should I contact if I have any additional questions?
- 9. What is the e-mail address for OWWA-Bacolod, Philippines?
- 10. What are the office hours for OWWA-Bacolod, Philippines?
- Contact Information
- Google Map Location
Amount of Contribution
The OWWA membership contribution shall be equivalent to Twenty-Five US Dollars (US$25.00).
For each contribution, membership is valid for two (2) years, regardless of the contract term, change of employer, job site, or recruitment agency. Then, if proof of active labor is provided, OWWA membership must be renewed.
- Completed OWWA OFW Information Sheet
- OWWA membership fee
- A copy of the passport page with the photo and personal data
- A copy of a VALID employment contract
- A copy of your current work permit and visa
- A copy of the employment contract, or certificate of employment, or payslip
Note: The OWWA Bacolod Satellite Office is merely a branch of the Iloilo City-based OWWA Regional/Main Office.
How to Schedule OWWA Appointment in Bacolod (Region 6 Satellite Office)
In the event that an appointment may be needed to get to the Bacolod office, please follow the guidelines below:
Step 1: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org them your full name, address, phone number, and the service you’re considering to avail.
Step 2: Before visiting the OWWA-Bacolod, Philippines office, wait for their confirmation of your appointment.
How to Renew OWWA Membership in Region 6 Bacolod Satellite Office
In the event that you are allowed entry to the OWWA Bacolod satellite office, you may pay your OWWA membership there. Please follow the steps to renew it in the Bacolod OWWA office.
Step 1: Ask the guard where the OWWA counter is located, then wait in line or get a number as you enter.
Step 2: Take your completed documents to the OWWA counter.
Step 3: Pay the OWWA membership fee.
Step 4: Get your OWWA renewal receipt.
Here are some important guidelines and reminders about the OWWA Bacolod renewal process.
- Please double-check that your requirements are accurate and complete. Requirements that are not full will not be handled.
- Bring your own ballpen.
- Always wear your face mask.
- For more information, see their Facebook page and Website.
Here’s a video clip below uploaded by a Pinay about her experience going to the OWWA Bacolod Satellite office. Please be guided on how to get there:
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some common questions and answers people ask about OWWA Bacolod:
1. What are the benefits of becoming an OWWA member?
Members of the OWWA are eligible for a variety of social benefits, as well as education and training, repatriation, and reintegration services. They also get access to special programs.
2. How much does the OWWA membership fee cost?
The OWWA membership contribution shall be equivalent to Twenty-Five US Dollars (US$25).
3. How long will it take for the OWWA membership to be processed?
If all documentary requirements are met, OWWA membership can be picked up the same day.
4. When should I renew my membership with the OWWA?
Each contribution has a two-year validity period, regardless of contract length, change of employer, jobsite, or recruitment agency. Following that, OWWA membership must be renewed if proof of active employment is presented.
5. What is the location of OWWA Bacolod, Philippines?
2nd Floor, Old City Hall, Luzuriaga St., Bacolod City, Negros Occidental
6. Can I directly go to the OWWA-Bacolod, Philippines Office?
No, you will not be able to go straight to the OWWA office in Bacolod, Philippines, due to the pandemic, the OWWA office is restricting the number of members who can transact.
7. What is the OWWA-Bacolod, Philipines Hotline?
You can reach OWWA-Bacolod, Philippines’ hotline at 09081784366 / 09178329076.
8. Who should I contact if I have any additional questions?
You can reach the OWWA-Bacolod, Philippines office, by sending a message, dialing (034) 432-2873, or sending a message through their Facebook page.
9. What is the e-mail address for OWWA-Bacolod, Philippines?
The e-mail address for OWWA-Ilo-Ilo, Philippines is email@example.com.
10. What are the office hours for OWWA-Bacolod, Philippines?
The OWWA-Bacolod, Philippines office is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
While this is the process of going to the OWWA Bacolod office to renew your OWWA account, you do not need to go there if not necessary. You can simply renew your OWWA membership account online or go through the OWWA Mobile app to activate your membership.
If you need to contact a specific OWWA office in your province, there are other welfare offices available in every region. Please check out this directory post – List of OWWA Regional Welfare Offices in the Philippines
OWWA Region 6 – Bacolod Satellite Office
Address: 2nd Floor, Old City Hall, Luzuriaga St., Bacolod City, Negros Occidental
Telephone Number/s: (034) 432-2873, 09081784366, 09178329076
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/owwa.bacolod.5
Google Map Location
Please see a map guide of the OWWA Bacolod office location for your reference below.