To all Overseas Filipino workers who are based in Iloilo, Bacolod, Aklan, and other provinces in Region 6, and have questions about OWWA services and programs can go to the OWWA Region 6 Iloilo city office or at the OWWA Region 6 Bacolod City Satellite Office.
Please make sure that you set up an appointment in the event that walk-ins are not allowed. This article will guide you in the process of inquiring about benefits as well as the contact location of the OWWA Region 6 office, contact hotline numbers, the process of booking an appointment, and the process of renewing your OWWA membership.
Note: OWWA Region 6 covers Western Visayas and the following provinces in this region – Aklan, Antique, Negros Occidental, Capiz, Guimaras, and Iloilo.
For the rest of the Filipinos based in other regions, please check out this OWWA Regional Welfare Office directory – List of OWWA Regional Welfare Offices in the Philippines
The Overseas Workers Welfare Association (OWWA) aims to protect and promote the welfare of overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) and their families both at domestically and overseas. It protects OFWs’ rights wherever they are in the world and keeps track of kababayans working in different regions of the globe. If you are a resident of Ilo-Ilo and other parts of Region 6 who desires to work in another country or has already done so, you will need to get certain documentation to prove your right to do so.
OWWA payments, which include emergency welfare benefits, are available to OFWs. The membership fee for the OWWA will be equivalent to $25.00 USD, and it must be renewed every two years.
- Amount of Contribution
- Membership Validity
- OWWA Requirements
- How to Schedule an Appointment in OWWA Ilo-Ilo, (OWWA Region 6) via Email
- How to Schedule an Appointment in OWWA Ilo-Ilo, (OWWA Region 6) via Phone
- How to Renew OWWA Membership in Region 6 Iloilo Main Office
- Important Reminders
- List of OWWA Region 6 Email Addresses and Hotline
- Video: OWWA Official Goes to Iloilo
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. Where is the location of OWWA Ilo-Ilo, Philippines?
- 2. Can I directly go to the OWWA-Ilo-Ilo, Philippines Office?
- 3. How much does the OWWA membership fee cost?
- 4. What is the OWWA-Ilo-Ilo, Philipines Hotline?
- 5. Who should I contact if I have any additional questions?
- 6. What is the e-mail address for OWWA-Ilo-Ilo, Philippines?
- 7. What are the benefits of becoming an OWWA member?
- 8. How long will it take for the OWWA membership to be processed?
- 9. When should I renew my membership with the OWWA?
- 10. What are the office hours for OWWA-Ilo-Ilo, Philippines?
- Contact Information
- Google Map Location
Amount of Contribution
The OWWA membership contribution shall be equivalent to Twenty-Five US Dollars (US$25.00).
For each contribution, membership is valid for two (2) years, regardless of contract term, change of employer, jobsite, or recruitment agency. Then, if proof of active labor is provided, OWWA membership must be renewed.
- Completed OWWA OFW Information Sheet
- OWWA membership fee
- A copy of the passport page with the photo and personal data
- A copy of a VALID employment contract
- A copy of your current work permit and visa
- A copy of the employment contract, or certificate of employment or payslip
How to Schedule an Appointment in OWWA Ilo-Ilo, (OWWA Region 6) via Email
Step 1: Send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org them your full name, address, phone number, and the service you’re considering to avail.
Step 2: Before visiting the OWWA-Ilo-Ilo, Philippines office, wait for their confirmation of your appointment.
How to Schedule an Appointment in OWWA Ilo-Ilo, (OWWA Region 6) via Phone
Step 1: Contact the OWWA-Ilo-Ilo, Philippines (Region 6) at 09195752060 (Smart) / 09178327307 (Globe) to confirm your OWWA membership status.
Step 2: After verifying your OWWA membership status, ask them whether there is an open slot for renewing your OWWA membership.
Step 3: Before visiting the OWWA-Ilo-Ilo, Philippines (Region 6), wait for their confirmation of your appointment.
How to Renew OWWA Membership in Region 6 Iloilo Main Office
In the event that you are allowed entry to the OWWA counter office at the Robinsons Mall, you may pay your OWWA membership there. Please follow the steps to renew it in Iloilo OWWA office.
Step 1: Ask the guard where the OWWA counter is located, then wait in line or get a number as you enter.
Step 2: Take your completed documents to the OWWA counter.
Step 3: Pay the OWWA membership fee.
Step 4: Get your OWWA renewal receipt.
Here are some important guidelines and reminders about the OWWA renewal process.
- Please double-check that your requirements are accurate and complete. Requirements that are not full will not be handled.
- Bring your own ballpen.
- Always wear your face mask.
- For more information, see their Facebook page and Website.
List of OWWA Region 6 Email Addresses and Hotline
The OWWA Iloilo has posted a Facebook photo that lists the directory of OWWA Region 6 offices and their contact number hotlines for a variety of their departments. Please be guided on the following details so you can contact the right team depending on your inquiry about the existing projects and services:
OWWA Regional (Iloilo) Office
OWWA Bacolod Satellite Office
Education for Development Scholarship Program (EDSP)
Educational and Livelihood Assistance Program (ELAP)
OFW Dependents Scholarship Program (ODSP)
Social Benefits (WAP/Insurance/Medplus)
NRCO Programs (LDAP/SPIMS/Balik Pinay)
Certificate of Repatriation (Iloilo Province Only)
Seafarers Upgrading Program (SUP) / Skills for Employment Scholarship Program (SESP)
Video: OWWA Official Goes to Iloilo
Check out this video clip below which showcases the OWWA agency visiting Regional Welfare Office 6 to check on the latest happenings of this agency in Iloilo. This video was part of the OWWA at Your Service episodes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some common questions and answers people ask about OWWA Iloilo:
1. Where is the location of OWWA Ilo-Ilo, Philippines?
3rd Floor Robinsons Place Iloilo, Corner De Leon & Quezon Streets, Iloilo City, Iloilo Proper, Philippines.
2. Can I directly go to the OWWA-Ilo-Ilo, Philippines Office?
- Yes, you can directly go to OWWA-Ilo-Ilo, Philippines (Region 6) but make sure to wear your face mask and practice social distancing. Verify first on what time and day they process OWWA membership renewal.
3. How much does the OWWA membership fee cost?
The OWWA membership contribution shall be equivalent to Twenty-Five US Dollars (US$25).
4. What is the OWWA-Ilo-Ilo, Philipines Hotline?
You can reach OWWA-Ilo-Ilo, Philippines’ hotline at 09178327307 / 09195752060
5. Who should I contact if I have any additional questions?
You can reach the OWWA-Ilo-Ilo, Philippines office, by sending a message, dialing (033) 337-4484 / 09178326336, or sending a message through their Facebook page.
6. What is the e-mail address for OWWA-Ilo-Ilo, Philippines?
The e-mail address for OWWA-Ilo-Ilo, Philippines is email@example.com.
7. What are the benefits of becoming an OWWA member?
Members of the OWWA are eligible for a variety of social benefits, as well as education and training, repatriation, and reintegration services. They also get access to special programs.
8. How long will it take for the OWWA membership to be processed?
If all documentary requirements are met, OWWA membership can be picked up the same day.
9. When should I renew my membership with the OWWA?
Each contribution has a two-year validity period, regardless of contract length, change of employer, jobsite, or recruitment agency. Following that, OWWA membership must be renewed if proof of active employment is presented.
10. What are the office hours for OWWA-Ilo-Ilo, Philippines?
The OWWA-Ilo-Ilo, Philippines office is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
While this is the process of going to the OWWA Iloilo office to renew your OWWA account, you do not need to go there if not necessary. You can simply renew your OWWA membership account online or go through the OWWA Mobile app to activate your membership.
If you need to contact a specific OWWA office in your province, there are other welfare offices available in every region. Please check out this directory post – List of OWWA Regional Welfare Offices in the Philippines
OWWA Region 6 – Iloilo Office
Address: 3rd Floor Robinsons Place Iloilo, Corner De Leon & Quezon Streets, Iloilo City, Iloilo Proper, Philippines.
Telephone Number/s: (033) 337-4484, 09178327307, 09178326336, 09195752060
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/owwailoilo
Google Map Location
Please see a map guide of the OWWA Iloilo office location for your reference below. The office is at the 3rd floor of Robinsons Place mall: