To Filipinos who are based in Taiwan and need to renew their OWWA membership, the office that handles this process is MECO Labor Center. Here are the steps and process in booking an OWWA appointment and paying for your OWWA during your day of appearance.
MECO stands for Manila Economic and Cultural Office and this is the representative office of the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE), the Philippines Overseas Employment Administration (POEA), and the Overseas Worker Welfare Administration (OWWA) in Taiwan.
– How to Book OWWA Appointment in Kaohsiung City, Taiwan
– How to Book OWWA Appointment in Taichung City, Taiwan
OWWA, a Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE)-affiliated organization, is the principal government agency entrusted with promoting and protecting and well-being of overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) and their dependents. Overseas Filipino Workers (OFW) members should continue to be members of the organization.
Due to the pandemic, it is required to make an appointment before visiting the OWWA office.
- Amount of Contribution
- Membership Validity
- OWWA Requirements
- How to Schedule an Appointment in MECO-Taipei, Taiwan
- How to Renew OWWA Membership in Taipei, Taiwan
- Important Reminders
- Video: Filipina in Taiwan Shares Experience Renewing OWWA in MECO Labor Center in Taipei
- Video: Manila Economic and Cultural Office (MECO) Taiwan Shares Updates about POLO-OWWA Services for OFWs
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. How much does the OWWA membership fee cost?
- 2. I have a few more questions; who should I contact?
- 3. What is the MECO Labor Center?
- 3. Can I directly go to the OWWA-Taipei, Taiwan Office?
- 4. I am from Taipei, how to visit OWWA?
- 5. When is the office going to be open? Do they take a break for lunch? What holidays do they observe?
- Contact Information
- Google Map Location
Amount of Contribution
The OWWA membership contribution shall be NT$ 758 or less depending on the monthly average equivalent rate of 25 US Dollars.
Membership is valid for two (2) years for each contribution, regardless of the length of the contract, the change in employer, location of employment, or recruitment agency. If proof of employment is presented, OWWA membership will need to be renewed after that.
Make sure to have the following requirements when you go to the MECO-Taipei office:
- Completed OWWA OFW Information Sheet.
- A photocopy of the Philippine passport with a photo, name, and signature.
- Copy of current employment contract or Certificate of Employment (with English translation and the name and signature of the translator).
- Copy of ARC (Alien Registration Card)
- Membership contribution of NT$ 758 or less depending on the monthly average equivalent rate of 25 US Dollars.
How to Schedule an Appointment in MECO-Taipei, Taiwan
The MECO-Taipei office has instructed Filipinos who need to process services in their office to book an appointment beforehand. Please follow the steps on how to schedule an appointment for OWWA renewal.
Step 1: Click the link to go to the booking website.
Step 2: Under Services, choose Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA).
Step 3: Choose your preferred appointment day and time.
Step 4: Enter your Name, Email, Address, Phone Number
Step 5: Provide additional information such as (Passport Number / ARC Number / Taiwan ID Number), Last Name, Given Name, and Middle Name.
Step 6: Before clicking the Book button, double-check that your information is correct.
Step 7: Print a copy of your scheduled appointment and double-check the requirements for a fast transaction before going to the OWWA-Taipei, Taiwan office.
How to Renew OWWA Membership in Taipei, Taiwan
After you have scheduled an OWWA appointment, it is time to renew your OWWA membership during the day of appearance. Please follow the steps below in order to pay your OWWA account in Taipei:
Step 1: Present your confirmed booking at the MECO office.
Step 2: Go to the OWWA counter and present your documents for verification.
Step 3. Pay the OWWA membership fee.
Step 4. Get your receipt for the OWWA renewal.
Here are some guidelines and tips about the process of OWWA renewal in Taiwan.
- Requirements that are not full will not be handled.
- For more information, see the MECO Taipei, Taiwan website and Facebook updated post.
- New OWWA members are eligible to engage in OWWA’s regular activities and services, as well as special programs, after three (3) months of membership.
- Remember that if you have any POLO or OWWA concerns and inquiries, you should contact the MECO Labor Center.
Please check out this video below which showcases a Filipina who rencetly renewed her OWWA at the MECO office in Taipei. She also shares her experience of how she took the bus 9005 Bus going to the building. Please be guided on this process.
Check out this recording of a Facebook Live video posted on the MECO Labor Center Facebook page about updates regarding the Philippine Overseas Labor Office and Overseas Workers Welfare Administration services and programs in Taiwan available to Filipinos:
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some common questions and answers when you process your OWWA account membership at POLO-Taipei.
1. How much does the OWWA membership fee cost?
The OWWA membership contribution shall be 758 New Taiwan Dollars or less depending on the monthly average equivalent rate of 25 US Dollars.
2. I have a few more questions; who should I contact?
You may reach the MECO-Taipei, Taiwan office via e-mail at email@example.com, or by sending a message or calling them at 02 2658-8299/0925 228878/0900218895.
3. What is the MECO Labor Center?
MECO means Manila Economic and Cultural Office. The MECO Labor Center is the representative office of the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE), the Philippines Overseas Employment Administration (POEA), and the Overseas Worker Welfare Administration (OWWA) in Taiwan. It also integrates the services of the Social Security System (SSS) and the PAG-IBIG Fund.
3. Can I directly go to the OWWA-Taipei, Taiwan Office?
No, you must first make an appointment before visiting the OWWA-Taipei, Taiwan office.
4. I am from Taipei, how to visit OWWA?
You may also visit the MECO-Kaohsiung extension office or the MECO-Taichung extension office to process OWWA renewal or inquire about OWWA programs.
5. When is the office going to be open? Do they take a break for lunch? What holidays do they observe?
The office is open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday, excluding holidays, and on the first and third Sundays of each month (9:30 am-1:00 pm).
So these are the steps in booking an OWWA appointment at the MECO labor center and paying for the OWWA membership. Alternatively, you may renew your OWWA by registering in the OWWA Mobile App. Workers in Taiwan may also renew their OWWA membership by having their family members in the Philippines submit the document requirements to the nearest OWWA Regional Welfare office.
To prevent losing your OWWA benefits, renew your membership as soon as possible. Having this insurance policy as an OFW not only helps you earn OWWA benefits, but also provides you with welfare benefits in times of need. The membership fee is NT$758 or less, based on the monthly average equivalent rate of 25 US Dollars, and it must be renewed every two years.
MECO Taipei, Taiwan
Address: 2F., No.55-57, Zhouzi St., Neihu Dist., Taipei City 114, Taiwan (ROC)
Contact Number: 02 2658-8299/0925 228878/0900218895
Website: https://www.meco-labor.org.tw/, https://www.meco.org.tw/
Facebook Page: https://facebook.com/MECO.official
Google Map Location
The POLO-OWWA office in Taipei is managed by MECO. Please see the map guide to the location of this office in Taipei: